It's Not A Goodbye, It's A See You Later
Friendships

As finals come to a close and I pack up my room, I reflect on what a special place Syracuse University is to me and what makes it leaving so hard but coming back so exciting.

280
Veronica Connly

It is so weird, to say the least, that my freshman year is over. I genuinely remember unpacking all of my stuff into my tiny little dorm room in Flint. I pulled up, my mum, dad, and sister in the toe and could not believe that this place, so unknown to me was going to be my home for the next year.

At this time, I had no connection to it besides the weekend I came up for accepted students weekend and was slightly intimidated by all the hustle and bustle of what I soon would find college to be like. I remember saying bye to my parents and being so sad. I couldn't believe for the first time I would not be waking up in my little town in my little bed, a place in the world that was perfect to me, so comfortable and so known.

Now, I would wake up to an abundance of "new" ness. Rather I knew a couple of people but other than that everyone was a stranger. We were all strangers at this time.

As I write this, I am a new person than the girl I was when I was dropped off here in August. I rather have put myself out there, experienced new things, been sad, disappointed, so excited and happy all at the same time. College does that to you in many ways. It brings all the feelings you have had in your life to the surface.

Times, where you could hide your insecurities, are brought to the forefront as you have to get past them to do certain things. I am so much stronger than I ever thought I was in many ways.

As I look toward sophomore year, I feel nothing but excitement. Another year where I can continue to develop as a person, meet people that I will have for my entire life, and continue to be put outside my comfort zone.