Leave Skinny Shaming In 2016

Leave Skinny Shaming In 2016

"All Women Are Real Women."
10

2016 was a lot of things, but it's wildly known as one of the biggest shit shows my generation has ever seen. While many things got better, there's one thing that still remains. Body shaming, and not for bigger girls, bur for us skinny girls who have a huge stigma against us.

I think you all know what I'm talking about. "Real women have curves," is just one of the many slogans that make skinny girls feel like they're not good enough. How would a bigger girl feel if I said "real women have a thigh gap." Not very good, and the backlash would be insane.

Millennials are the generation that gets offended by everything, and maybe I'm being a hypocrite for being upset about this, but the fact of the matter is, if we're going to stop body shaming against one body type, why not stop it on all fronts?

I'm not less of a woman because I'm not curvy, frankly, I'm more of a woman because I don't degrade someone for what they can't help. Bigger girls blame genetics for how they look, so why can't we do the same? I eat like a pig, lay on my ass all day, and don't gain a pound. Trust me, if I could give myself curves, I would.

All women are real women. Instead of making 2017 what 2016 was (and by that, I mean making skinny girls feel like lesser women), let's make everyone feel like they're accepted for who they are. I'm 108 pounds, I didn't break 100 pounds until I went to college, and I love my body.

Skinny girls aren't bitches, we don't starve ourselves to keep our figure, and we definitely aren't less than you. So stop doing to us what you think we do to you. While we may be on the runway more, you guys have made us feel like we aren't seen as beautiful as we once were, and that's unfair.

I'm sorry if it's coming off as me complaining, I am just done seeing these real women campaigns that exclude petite and thin girls.

All women are real women.