9 Things To Leave Behind In 2015

9 Things To Leave Behind In 2015

No, this isn't that cliché article telling you to leave your boyfriend behind.

7
9 Things To Leave Behind In 2015
ameliahay.co.uk

Well, happy 2016, everyone! I hope these first couple days have treated you well. If you have read any of my articles, you would see that 2015 was one of the more challenging but better years I have had (emphasis on challenging). Ever heard that quote that says, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." This could not be more true for so many of the people I know. 2015 was a year to remember, but with 2016 just getting to a start, there were some things I wanted to share with you -- things I want you to think about leaving behind.

1. Leave behind that bad attitude that gets you nowhere.

"A bad attitude is like a flat tire, if you don't change it you will never get anywhere."

Yes, that bad attitude your mom always tells you to get rid of when you don't get your way -- leave it. It does nothing for you but make you seem bratty and unthankful. The bad attitude makes you out to be a person that you aren't and someone you promised you would never be. Your bad attitude about just about everything in your life makes you negative, and quite frankly, it makes people not want to be around you. Start being more positive in 2016 about everything. Find positivity in every little thing. Don't forget that you are young and you have your whole life ahead of you... so why have a bad attitude?

2. Leave behind all of the grudges of 2015.

"It hurts more to hold grudges than to forgive. The anger we hold inside, damages us and nobody else. Do not become a prisoner of your own self."

If you are person that holds grudges I feel sad for you. Life is so short and we are learning more and more every day that a loved one or a friend can be taken from us at any given moment. So, that grudge that you're holding from stupid drama... either let it go or let it follow you into 2016. Just let things go because I promise you will be less stressed and more happy.

3. Leave behind your love of Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A and doughnuts.

"You are what you eat so don't be fast, easy, cheap or fake."

I know that this is going to be the hardest thing to leave behind but I promise you it will help your workouts get easier and your health to be better. I don't know about you but I am famous for saying I am going to eat better and be better about working out at the beginning of every year but the difference in 2016? I have to be better about what I am eating and working out. So, I challenge you to be better with me. You don't need those doughnuts or that extra cookie but you do need that salad instead of that burger. Leave behind unhealthy eating habits and the laziness of not working out. I promise you will feel better if you make an effort to change.

4. Leave behind anyone or anything that makes you feel like you are not enough.

"You never apologized for hurting me but I apologized 12 times for being angry about it."

This year, I have been around people that have made me feel like I would never be enough for them or for anyone. I am choosing to leave these feelings and these people behind. You are more than enough and you should never let anyone make you feel less. Self-love and self-confidence are something that are so important to have. With these two things, you can have the power to not let anyone make you feel like you are less of a person.

5. Leave behind those pants you never wear and that dress that just does not work for you.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Yes, I'm serious. You are thinking it, your friends are thinking it and even your mom is thinking it. That dress you love so much just doesn't work for you- and that is okay. Donate it. In fact, you should donate all of the clothes that you don't like anymore, that don't fit you or just don't work for you. You can donate to places like Goodwill, even your local homeless shelter or a local drive going on that is in need of clothes. This is just another way to give back in the new year. You are probably a little more fortunate than the ones that need these clothes. So, go find yourself a new dress that looks good and donate the other one to someone who really needs it.

6. Leave behind any feeling of guilt.

"It is your life, don't let anyone make you feel guilty for the way you choose to live it."

Guilt is an irreplaceable feeling that is unlike any other. Guilt makes us sad, angry, depressed and even motivated. Guilt is something I have decided that I am not bringing with me into 2016. I have felt guilt and sadness all throughout this year with everything that has happened with school, my family and with the friends I thought I would have forever. But I am saying goodbye to guilt, to negativity and to anything that makes me feel sad or depressed about life.

7. Leave behind that relationship with that person that does nothing but hurt you.

"The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away."

I know it is so sad to say, but we all have this. We all have that one person that just hurts you over and over again. They might not mean to do it and honestly, they might not even know they are doing it. Nevertheless, say goodbye to them. You do not need people in your life that make you feel bad, make you feel like you are not enough and who continuously hurt you. You are more than that and you matter to other people. Let that one person see just how many people are in your corner. Maybe they will realize that they are treating you poorly and maybe they will change.

8. Leave behind the fear of trying something new.

"Never be afraid of trying something new, because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know."

Never be scared of trying something new. Be brave. Be outgoing. Be new! I challenge you to try something new this week. Try a new (healthier) drink from your favorite coffee shop, take a walk, talk to someone new at work, talk to that cute boy that sits by you in lab. Whatever it is, just do it. You will be surprised at how you feel afterwards. (Good, I hope.)

9. Leave behind all of those regrets.

"No regrets." (Hopefully, you get this reference.)

All of those things that you never did, or never said this year should be left behind with all of your negative vibes. Regret is something you don't want to live with. If you find it upon yourself to say what you never could say I fully encourage and support you to go do that. If not, I still encourage you to leave it behind in 2015. I promise everything is going to be okay in 2016 because it will be that year, I can feel it.

I hope that 2016 brings you love, happiness and everything else the world has to offer. The world is yours, you just have to go get it.

"Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365-day book. Write a good one."