Learning To Love Yourself Is A Work In Progress

But I'm slowly getting there.

153
Rachel Neal

I've always struggled with how I view myself, as I'm sure plenty of other people have too.

I do a ton of cool things and have amazing opportunities but sometimes when I get home at the end of the day I just stare in the mirror and pick apart every insecurity I have of myself.

It's extremely toxic, I know, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

I compare and it tears me down.

I think, "I wish I looked like this" "I wish I acted like this" "I wish I dressed like this".

It's always I wish I wish I wish but it's never I am.

It's important to remind yourself of all the things that you are, and all the things that you will be.

You are beautiful, you are strong, you are funny, you are smart, you are kind.

I know it can sometimes be hard to tell yourself these things, I know I have a hard time doing it.

But I'm trying to be better.

I think that in today's world there needs to be more confidence and self-love.

The internet gets us so wrapped up in other people's lives that it can sometimes make us believe that if we aren't like them, we aren't good enough.

And that's completely untrue.

So if you're reading this and you have a hard time loving yourself, just know you're not alone.

But to help you get on that journey to self-love, start leaving positive messages on your mirror so you'll look at it every day and be reminded of just how amazing you are. Start doing things that you love, and do a lot of it. Start dressing in a way that makes you feel good, and don't care about what other people think.

It's a work in progress, but you'll slowly but surely get there.

From Your Site Articles