Things I've Learned At Age 20.

Things I've Learned At Age 20.

Smile, it helps others.

34
Things I've Learned At Age 20.
Newscult

Being 20 years old is scary. You aren't a teenager anymore, but you aren't a full adult yet. By the age of 20, you hopefully have learned a lot about you and the world around you. By age 20 you learn from your teenage years, and start to grow into your adult years. So here's to learning and growing. Here are a few things I've learned at age 20.

1. Change is okay.

Yes, change can be hard at first, but in the long run, change is okay. So what if you aren't the same person that you were in high school. That's okay because high school you was most likely small minded and probably haven't experienced much. Don't be afraid of change, embrace it.

2. Stay kind to everyone.

Being kind can go a long way. By you being kind, it can make someone's day. You never know what other people are going through. So stay kind and help make the world kinder.

3. Always smile.

Smiling is such a little gesture that can go a long way. Smiling goes hand in hand with being kind.

4. Be open for new things.

You only get one chance at everything in life, so why not make it count? Don't go through life wondering "what if" and "what could've been." Go through life like it's adventure. Say yes to those spir of the moment trips. Say yes to buy that really cute outfit. Eat new foods, try something you wouldn't always do. You would be surprised what is out there in the world.

5. It's okay to say no.

Say you are on a date with someone who you don't really like, it's okay to say no to a second date. Don't be afraid to say no to things you don't want to do.

6. It's okay to cry.

Just because you are 20 years old, doesn't mean you can't cry. Sometimes life gets too much for everyone and we all just need a good cry every now and then. Crying is actually good for you every now and then.

7. Be kind to your parents.

You only get one set of parents, so make the time with them the best. Call them every now and then and just catch up with them. Take them out to dinner or something and just talk to them. Make memories with them even at 20 years old. These are the most precious times with them, show them how thankful you are to have them.

8. It's okay to have a bad day.

Nobody's perfect. So if you spill coffee on your white shirt, it's okay. It will come out. Having bad hair day is okay. Everyone needs bad days to get to the better days.

9. Take a lot of pictures.

Pictures are memories. Remember the memories in the moment and in the future. You would be glad to have those memories in the future when you show your children about your life.

10. Dream big.

Dream big, let your dreams be heard and make them come true. If you want to be the best you can be, you have to make your dreams come true.

11. Things happen for a reason.

It might take a long time to believe this, but your life has a plan and if you think something is really important to your plan and then it falls through, don't be upset. It happens to the best of us and it happens for a reason.

12. Life is to short.

Make the best life you can make. Don't over think everything. Let things happen.

13. Naps are essential.

Naps are important because during your 20's you aren't getting enough sleep, and if you need a nap, take that nap.

14. See the beauty in yourself.

Just because you don't look like other people is a good thing. You are you, and you are beautiful no matter what.

15. Follow your heart.

Follow your heart with everything you do. Have pride in everything you do. Don't let someone demine you and your work. Be proud of you.