Sometimes, things can become so overwhelming that you may feel flooded in your own thoughts and worries. It could be at any time and any situation but ultimately the person who has control over how you are feeling in those situations, is you yourself.
You've probably heard of this many times, but it's hard to take in and integrate into one's own life.
Some people may say that this is what summer vacation is for; to take a break and relax and unwind before returning to school. I disagree.
I don't think relaxing should just be set for a specific period of time and then forgotten about for an extended period of time. I think relaxation is something we should all keep and be mindful of.
Also, I feel like it's important to note that relaxation isn't or rather shouldn't be bingeing on Netflix or going through a marathon of the "Harry Potter" series. Although it certainly is fun, it also feels immensely energy draining and full of effort. Too much entertainment can feel like a hassle and could easily jade the enjoyment of this indulgence.
Here are some quick ways to take a break:
1. Watching your favorite YouTube channels (remember to balance!)
2. Playing some board games with your friends.
3. Singing your favorite songs.
4. Drawing? Coloring therapy is also a thing!
5. Sitting down with friends for some tea or coffee. Perhaps having a talk about your interests and what's new in your life.
6. Meditation or yoga; perhaps doing it for five to 10 minutes can help with losing stress and relaxing your mind and body.
7. Taking a run around the neighborhood.
8. Taking a walk around the neighborhood.
9. Monopoly night! Just kidding, that might get really intense depending on who you play with (same rules apply for Uno).
10. Meeting new people and putting yourself out there! It could be relaxing for some!