To The Girl Who Needs To Be Reminded Of What She Deserves

Its okay to say no to people so you can relax!

169
Tumblr

You are special. You are unique. You are beautiful. You are strong. Do not forget this.

As girls, sometimes we forget we need to do things for ourselves. In college, we say yes to too many things. We want to do all the activities when really we should be saying no. We say yes to guys and yes to friends. Remember, these are the years that you get to focus on yourself. It's okay to say no.

First off, settling is never the answer. You should never settle. You deserve what is best for you. You deserve to be appreciated and loved in all the right ways. I encourage you to set that bar high for what you want. I have a bar set high for myself for things all throughout life. I try to get good grades, try to make smart choices and get what I deserve. I want friends that treat me the way that I should be treated. Friends that should lift me up and not bring me down. If you have goals you want to reach, keep going and strive for what you want! You got this girl!

Second, here at college I overhear conversations about girls going out with a guy "just because." There are girls who are unhappy with who they are dating. You don't have to say yes. The fear of saying no should not exist. Stay strong and just say it. You may hurt people but that is life and you just move on. Take your time to find someone who is compatible. It is okay to be alone! Be alone until you find that right guy who will treat you like a princess.

Third, looks do not mean everything. There are people who look flawless everyday for school. Then there are some like me, who just bumb it out in baggy clothes. You only need to wear what makes you happy and what is comfy for you to wear all day. Sure it's nice to look at a cute guy, but sometimes the uncomfortableness is not worth it.

Fourth, boys should not be the center of your whole world. I personally think it distracts some people from having fun in college. Also its not a bad thing to be friends first. This way you can get to know him on a friend level and see all sides of his personality before getting more serious. You need to be treated correctly and if not, run!

Lastly, do what makes you happy. If you want to go on an adventure, go on an adventure, spend time and money on yourself. It is okay to be selfish sometimes! Buy that extra coffee. Go get a new shirt. Go to the beach. Reward yourself for just doing good and being you. Spend time alone to relax and reset for the week ahead of you.

You deserve what is best for you so go out and treat your self!