These Workout Clothes Will Motivate Even The Laziest College Girl

I am a lot more motivated to work out when I feel good in my workout clothes.

96

OK, it’s January and every other article is about new year’s resolutions. It’s annoying, I get it. But, hear me out here. A TON of people’s new year’s resolution is to lose weight, but sometimes it can be super hard to find the motivation to actually get yourself to the gym. If there is one thing that I have noticed, it is that if I am dressed in cute workout clothes, I am 100% more willing to actually go to the gym! (This is statistical, I promise.)

Sometimes, workout clothes are not cheap. Personally speaking, I go cheap on shirts and a little bit pricier on pants/shorts/sports bras. However, I get that a lot of us are in college and that is not always an option.

In the following list, I am going to be giving multiple options for different articles of clothing depending on the kind of money you are willing to spend on workout clothes. The ONLY thing that I would say to never ever go cheap on is workout shoes. The shoes that you wear can have such a big affect on your body, not just when you are working out. If you don’t have supportive shoes, it can be seriously detrimental to you.

Anyhow, enough of all that! Here is the list of workout clothes that I have come up with that will hopefully give you a bit of ~inspiration~ to get your booty to the gym!

Pants:

Alright, I get it. Every girl owns Lululemons, blah blah blah. But, there is a reason for that! Honestly, I really only ever work out in Lululemon leggings because they are SO comfortable. Here is my favorite pair to work out in because of how lightweight they are ($98) Get them here.

Target is the holy grail store for everyone ever (also factual.) They really seem to have everything, and they don’t fall short when it comes to workout clothes. These Champion leggings are perfect for the gym ($24.99) Get them here.

Shorts:

These Nike shorts are the epitome of my entire high school and early college career (meaning I never took them off because they’re so comfortable!) They are super popular, and perfect for working out. ($30) Get them here.

Another great option for running shorts (also at half the price) are these Champion brand shorts from Target. Look how fun and colorful they are! ($16.99): Get them here.

Shirts:

Honestly, you can wear any t-shirt that you have in your closet to work out in (I usually just do that). But, if you want to get fancy, there is a great set of tank tops from Amazon that I bought a few weeks ago and am IN LOVE with! You can either purchase an individual tank top or buy a pack of 3 ($8.99-19.99): Get them here.

Sports Bras:

I’m not going to lie, I splurge on Lululemon sports bras. But, I also think that they are more of a luxury and to be quite honest, not necessary. Target carries a sports bra that I have been wearing for YEARS and I absolutely swear by it. It’s by Champion and it is beyond comfortable. Get it here.

Shoes:

Last but not least, shoes! The shoes that you purchase are going to differ depending on the type of exercise that you are doing. Because of this, I don’t feel as though I can recommend shoes for every type of workout. I will, however, recommend the shoes that I wear. When I workout, I don’t run very much but I do use the elliptical at the gym as well as other muscle-gaining machines. I bought these shoes a month ago and highly recommend them if your workout sounds similar to mine ($84.92 - SALE!!): Get them here.

I hope that this list motivated you at least a tiny bit to head on over to the gym or the great outdoors!