It's OK To Lean On The People Who Lean On You

We all need somebody to lean on.

86

We've all heard it; when life gives you lemons make lemonade, but what happens when the lemons start to pile up and overtake your kitchen?

Do you let the sour fruit get you down?

NO.

You recruit your girl gang and start a lemonade stand.

Real friends are there for each other, they will pick you up when you're down but they can't help you unless you let them know what's going on.

If you're anything like me, you thrive of off helping your friends when they're in need. You're the person they turn to when it all becomes too much and you've created deep relationships by being there for them and figuring it out together.

Still, you're hesitant to turn to them when you could use a friend to help you put the pieces back together.

This isn't a reflection of your friends' ability to be a friend to you at all. You know they're trustworthy, nonjudgemental, and would do whatever they could to help you work things out. This is your own stubbornness telling you that you don't need anyone's help and that you can handle things on your own.

An attempt by your subconscious to prove to yourself that you are strong.

Asking for help and opening up to the people closest to you isn't a sign of weakness, in fact, it's the opposite.

It's a sign of strength and maturity.

Being able to ask for help means that you understand that you are not the wisest.

Vulnerability invites growth and being open to taking other's advice is how you learn.

You decide the direction your life goes but you don't have to be the captain that goes down with the ship because you were too full of pride to let others help you.

We all know life gets overwhelming, but you'll see it's not half as bad when you lean on your friends the way they lean on you.