Leah Blefko, Miss Arkansas 2015

Leah Blefko, Miss Arkansas 2015

Beauty And Brains With Purpose
65

Few people are as determined, bright, and stunning as Leah Blefko, but even fewer have the title of Miss Arkansas 2015. Blefko is currently a junior at the University of Arkansas, double majoring in broadcast journalism and sports management. On top of just being crowned, Blefko works two jobs along with taking 18 credit hours. She works for the SEC Network and is a part of the Razorback football recruiting team.

Blefko said that being a student and a current title holder gives her a different perspective that allows her the opportunity to help within the community. It is hard to not be impressed with her busy schedule, yet it’s easy because her passion is so heartening. 

I am completely inspired by her dedication to extracurricular activities and her extensive involvement on campus. She has made it her purpose, this upcoming year, to serve the state of Arkansas and her local community at the U of A as Miss Arkansas. 

Interviewing Blefko, I instantly knew she was someone I want to aspire to be like. She is constantly pushing herself to, not only reach her full potential, but exceed it. She explained that her biggest competition was not her competitors, but herself. She believes that this would not have been possible if it was not for her close group of girlfriends and roommate, who were her constant support system. They are her daily inspiration to be the best she can be. 

Blefko emphasized that getting involved and finding an activity on campus to be passionate about is important. For her, that is her work through Arkansas sports. She believes that the clubs and organizations students join will help them not only in their future careers, but as future leaders. College is a completely unique experience, unlike any other that we’ll ever encounter again, that pushes us outside of our comfort zones. Her advice to all freshman is to embrace this short period of time, learn about yourself, and become who you want to be.

Blefko has a brilliant mindset of believing that living in the present is just as important to preparing for the future. Enjoying the now is so crucial for our generation that we must find purpose in what we do. She stated that the best advice she ever received was that if she had the willingness and desire to be happy, she would live a worthwhile life.   

It is evident Leah Blefko is a respected leader on campus and will be a future leader to our generation through her everyday positive impact on so many.