7 Thoughts Seniors Have Going Into Their Last Semester Of College

Hopefully I'm not the only senior feeling this way.

504
Jonathan Daniels on Unsplash

This is it. I can't wrap my head around it, but when I sit and think about the fact that I have FOUR MONTHS UNTIL I GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE these are the thoughts that run through my head.

1. *panicking* This is happening. This is actually happening right now

I don't know about you, but I have these moments that I realize what is happening and I want to run from all the anxiety. There's not much more to say other than I'm panicking a bit.

2. Where did the last four years go?

No, seriously. People say that college is the best time of your life and that it will fly by. YOU RIGHT. I don't know how four years went by so darn fast. Honestly, I'm speechless that it's coming to an end.

3. There's so much to do. I'm not ready

I'm planning on going to grad school, so preparing for that has been stressful with many things to do. For those of you entering the workplace, I imagine looking for a job is so much more stressful. This is the time that you have to decide who you want to be in the world, who you want to work for, where are you going to start a new life and so much more. We have to go out there and use this knowledge in the real world and convince people we are good at it along with all of the other millions of students doing the same thing. Resumes, interviews, headshots, networking and the list goes on.

4. I'm going to miss my schedule

For me, mine won't change that much with grad school. However, others are going to be joining the 9 am - 5 pm life with one lunch break. If you were anything like me, you took full advantage of creating your own schedule (meaning including nap time, Netflix breaks, and extra long weekends). Not to mention, summer is no longer a three-month long vacation. The month off in the winter is gone, no more fall break and spring break is a thing of the past.

5. MY FRIENDS

There is a difference between graduating from your high school friends and your college friends. With high school, all of you have homes in the same place that you HAVE to come back to for holidays, school breaks and to see your family. But with college, you could have a friend from Vermont, one from Arkansas and another from California.

Yeah, you could all meet back up at some point. But between jobs, family obligations and new lives, when are we going to find the time. You won't be able to call them up for a lunch date in 10 minutes, have them all of them within a 15-minute walk or show up at their door for a surprise hangout. I know friendship is stronger than distance, but it won't be the same.

Everyone will be scattered across the country, not knowing when we will see each other again. Luckily, I'll still have a few with me in Charleston.

6. I can't wait

There's a part of me that is so excited to be out there in the real world, being the HBIC. No more tests, no more courses that you don't want to take and no more school...forever. I won't have to take another science class ever again. I feel peace in that.

There's excitement in being able to start fresh: new experiences, a new apartment, new people to meet and a puppy (hopefully). Again, grad school for me, so it won't be such a drastic change this year, but I'll be focusing on the subject that I love. But still, it's a new chapter in our lives that is up to us to create.

7. Let's make the most of this last semester.

This is our last chance to live the college life to the fullest. We can still make dumb mistakes with no real consequences, go out with our friends on a Tuesday night, and wear XL t-shirts whenever we want to class. I don't want to regret these last few months. It's time to take full advantage of our lifestyles.

I'm going to miss everything about what I have right now, but it's not over yet...thank God. So, here we go!

Tune in for more anxiety induced articles about graduating, so I hope you liked this one.