Lamar Odom's Dark Life Revealed

Lamar Odom's Dark Life Revealed

The fall from stardom subtly watched by millions.

23
Lamar Odom's Dark Life Revealed

At the University of Rhode Island, Lamar Odom isn't just a reality star who was married to one of Hollywood's most famous family, but, a fellow Ram, a face of Rhody Basketball. Odom seemed to have it all. He was drafted after only one collegiate season and spent fourteen seasons with four different teams, most notably, with the LA Lakers. With the Lakers, he won two NBA championships and in 2010-2011 season, he was awarded the "Sixth Man of the Year." Beyond all this success of the NBA, Odom, had a rather dark personal life, only to hit rock bottom this week.

This apparent overdose quickly revealed how deep of an abyss Odom has slipped into prior to not returning to the NBA in the 2012 season. While the NBA kept his struggles under wraps, reality television had no problem subtly hinting that Lamar may be headed down a dark path. Known for his marriage to Kardashian, Khloe, the beginning of many of his many personal struggles were caught on film for millions to watch unfold. You must ask yourself, could Lamar Odom have avoided this tragic overdose, or was he inevitably doomed for a rock bottom this deep?

Odom had been found unconscious in a Nevada brothel, with a strange pink fluid coming out of his nose and mouth, presumably, vomit from what appeared to be an overdose. To what? Right now, no one is really too sure. As the week continued, Lamar's condition was truly unknown, yet critical. He remained on life support as he was in a coma all the way through Friday afternoon, when to the surprise of professionals, he slipped out of it and was responsive. Although responsive and no longer on life support, he remains in critical condition and he's not out of the woods quite yet, as many still keep him in their thoughts.

Despite the ongoing story of Lamar's fall from success, there is overwhelming support and prayers for his recovery. Almost every member of the Kardashian family reached out to social media with their positive thoughts and reflections of Lamar. Former teammates, like Kobe Bryant reached out to say a prayer. Even his university, The University of Rhode Island sent their thoughts and prayers as he was a part of the Rhody family.

While Odom remains in critical condition, the true extent of his recovery may be long and slow. His fame was uniquely intimate and personal, the world watched Odom slowly fall into this abyss as reality TV film rolled subtly through this deep side of stardom.