Girls, Wear Nike Shorts And Leggings Whenever You Want To
Lifestyles

Ladies, Nike Shorts And Leggings Are For Whenever The Heck You Want To Wear Them

Policing women for what they wear is sooooo 1800s.

289
https://unsplash.com/photos/DHtgUKYleGY

In response to this glowing article where the author went on a tangent on why women should wear something to appease her approving eyes, I've decided to give my own take.

Rachel, the year is 2019. We are not living in the 1950s, the 1910s, or the 1800s. Women shouldn't have to change their own personal style for anyone's approval, especially from a fellow woman. If a girl feels like wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt every day, who are you to stop her? The article just feels very "pick-me" and it's not a cute behavior for any woman to have. And just because you went to a private school and were raised with a different upbringing, it doesn't give you the right to try and dictate what others do with their lives.

Ladies, if you feel like wearing a shirt and pants, do that. If you feel like wearing a dress, do that. If you feel like wearing leggings and a T-shirt, do that too because guess what, you're an adult and you can wear whatever you want! Hurray!

Women get criticized every single day for wearing something, for not wearing something, for being a virgin, for having sex, for being queer, for going to the club, for staying home and studying, and the list goes on and on and on. We catch criticism from every corner for every single thing we do. The best thing we can do is ignore the haters and keep living our best lives.

Rachel, with all due respect, it's time for you to grow up, start minding your business and moving on, and get rid of that internalized misogyny because it doesn't look good on you. At the end of the day, women need to support other women, and it's not too late for you to start.