Ladies, Nike Shorts And Leggings Are For The Gym, Nowhere Else

If you are becoming a grown woman, you need to dress like one.

213891

Every night, I spend one hour preparing myself for the following day.

I start with a shower, usually after I workout (I like to shower up to three times a day). I, then, massage my face with an exfoliate or cleansing brush, followed by a mask, usually a sheet or charcoal, or occasionally a hair mask. While my mask is drying, I pick out my outfit, usually a balance of comfy and trendy for the morning (and usually two others backup outfits). After I was my mask off and end the night with yoga, I slump into an 8-hour slumber until I wake up and work out again.

Yes, I know I have a problem. You couldn’t find a more vain or egotistical person in this world that could trump my inflated head. I may have a slight vanity problem, but I feel that my vanity outweighs the laziness of just not caring.

Ladies, it’s time to grow up.

It’s time to take off those leggings, ratty high school football T-shirts, and neon orange Nike shorts, and put on some big girl panties (not just the frilly hot pink VS kind). Having attended a private school for most of my life, I was shocked when I saw how people dressed to school, as if they were about to run laps in between periods. High school can’t even compare to the fashion monstrosities I see at school: the formals shirts, Nike Shorts, White Converse that look like they have seen one too many frat parties, yet with faces stilled caked with chunky mascara and sloppy brows. These outfits were not only sported in classes and social events but also philanthropy events and job shifts!

Ladies, I understand life is uncomfortable. Period weeks leave you feeling five months pregnant and on the verge of crying because your jeans are pinching your bloated stomach. I understand that it’s hard to juggle gym, class, sports, and a healthy sex and social life. But you can try harder. You can do so much better than what you have going on right now. Jeans need to be worn instead of leggings. Nike shorts and ratty T-shirts belong at the gym. End of story.

SEE ALSO: Actually, Ladies, Wear Whatever You Want, Whenever You Want

My mother would coo to me, as she put barrettes in my hair before school, that “in order to feel successful, you must look successful”. Every final exam, presentation, discussion, speech, class president election, swim team banquet, I would be dressed in my business suit and men’s oxfords. I dress for the success I wanted to have. If you want to be treated like a grown ass woman, you have to act (and dress) like one too. My life example is a little radical; I do not think you should pour yourself into how you look, because you will just exhaust yourself. Throw on a pair of jeans or an easy dress to class. Wear that sweet polyester suit. Dress up just to feel confident and successful in your day to come, not just your coming career.

Feel beautiful every day, just save the leggings for lazy days (or better yet, wear nothing at all).