Sorry Girl, But I Won’t Put A Limit On Where I Wear My Nike Shorts And Leggings

I feel confident and successful in Nike shorts and leggings, in and OUTSIDE of the gym.

463
Seeing Sunshine

For the past few weeks, I've seen so many articles about Nike shorts and oversized t-shirts and I'm not going to lie: I did not read them because I really didn't care.

I was like "wear whatever you want," you don't have to explain yourself to people.

The other day my friend sent me an article about a girl writing about how leggings and Nike shorts are for the gym and nowhere else.

At first, I was just like here we go again with another article about Nike shorts and telling girls that they shouldn't do something because it's "degrading."

But I actually decided to read this article and I'm actually kind of heated.

First I want to start off by saying I am not one of the girls that wear oversized shirts, I don't even have one oversized shirt. I also just bought two Nike shorts at the beginning of the summer and I have only worn them a total of three times, but I do wear leggings at places that aren't the gym. I feel like this Nike shorts and leggings only belong in the gym article is complete nonsense.

What's the problem with wanting to be comfortable?

No one wants to sit in a four-hour lecture class in a dress or jeans. I think it's absurd to think girls should wear jeans or a dress to a four-hour lecture. I don't need to be wearing a dress to a two-hour final exam, but I will wear one to a speech or a sports banquet. I think girls have a sense of when they should wear Nike shorts or leggings with an oversized t-shirt and when they need to dress more formal.

For you to sit there and write an article about how your not going to be successful if you wear Nike shorts to class is not necessary.

Why be formal if your just going to be sitting down in a cold room listening to someone talk about something that you really don't care about but need to know to graduate. Some of us don't have time to find a cute outfit to wear and go to the gym and shower 3 times a day because we're studying, trying to get our degree which is why we wear leggings and Nike shorts.

Just like you, I went to private school and maybe you don't believe girls should wear Nike shorts or leggings to class because you never really had the chance because you had to wear a uniform.

I believe a girl should wear whatever she thinks is comfortable, if she thinks jeans and dresses are comfortable, okay then wear them. But if she thinks leggings and Nike shorts with an oversized t-shirt is comfortable, then let her wear leggings or Nike shorts with an oversized t-shirt. A girl shouldn't be judged because shes comfortable in something that you don't find to be cute to wear in public places that aren't the gym.

If guys can wear sweatpants or shorts all the time and be called cute, why can't a girl wear leggings or Nike shorts and not be called trashy?