There Is Nothing Wrong With Wearing My Nike Shorts And Leggings To Class

If you wanna dress up every day, you do you, but don't look down on the girls that choose comfort.
367

To the girl that believes all college girls should dress for a job interview on a daily basis,

First off, I totally understand where you're coming from with the whole "dress for success" mentality. I get it. We ladies should step up to the plate and dress a little professional when the time is right. I also agree that rolling into class with last night's left over makeup, oily face, not-brushed hair and clothes that you slept in is not really appropriate.

However, I believe your expectations for college girls' appearance is a little outrageous. I don't know what your major is, but it must be way less demanding than mine. I don't remember the last time I had the time to properly exfoliate, use a hair mask, do yoga before bed, shower 3 times a day, or sleep for 8 hours for that matter. I am glad you admit that you have a problem. Admitting that there is a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with dressing comfortably for class. It is much easier to sit through a 2-hour lecture in some comfy leggings and a loose tee, rather than an uncomfortable dress or skinny jeans. Like I said, we should all strive to at least look decent (showered, no old makeup, brushed teeth), but as long as I am kicking butt with a 4.0 GPA, who cares what I wear?

Also, I see you go to Virginia Tech. I have never been so I don't know exactly what the weather is like there, but I live in the south where the heat is uncomfortably comparable to Hell, and the humidity is smothering. The effort to fix my naturally curly hair and apply makeup is well wasted about five minutes after I step outside. I'm guessing you don't have that problem though.

I think every college girl out there understands that her days in comfy attire are limited, because once we graduate and join the working force, we know that won't fly. We will all "grow up" and learn to wear big girl clothes, I promise.

SEE ALSO: If You Wear XL T-Shirts And Shorts, You're The Woman Of My Dreams

But I get it. You enjoy taking time to enhance your appearance and look your best. That's great. However, there is a large population of tired, hangry college girls that don't appreciate your judgmental lecture about their choice to make active wear everyday wear.

I could be wrong, but I can sense a bit of sarcasm in your article, and by your bio saying "sh*t stirrer" I am led to believe that this was just the reaction you were wanting. I think we can all appreciate a good joke. However, if this is truly how you feel, keep doing you but don't feel as if the girls that dress a little more casual than you deserve to be looked down upon.

Sincerely,

Comfy, yet GROWN, college girls everywhere.