When You Give A Girl A Labradoodle
Dogs

When You Give A Girl A Doodle

Doodles are a special breed and are hard to explain, but they are the best dog that a girl can have.

185
When You Give A Girl A Doodle
Gracie Swift

I have always been the biggest dog lover, ask anyone who knows me personally! "HI BABY YOU'RE SO CUTE AN SWEET" is the usual thing you hear from me when I spot a dog anywhere around town.

Christmas morning 2016, my sister woke me up around 4: 30 a.m. I was so confused as to why she was up before me and why we were starting our regular traditions before the sun was even up. She told me to meet her in the living room when I was ready. I stumbled down the hallway still sleepy, and still confused. I looked and saw my dad recording me and both my sister and mom smiling from ear to ear. I look down and see a small little bundle of sunshine trying to run toward me. My heart almost burst, and I mean it. I had been wanting a puppy for years. I was so overwhelmed with the feeling that I just cried and cried.

My dream had come true.

So my doodle is a very... special doodle. Melbourne is her name and she is an Australian Labradoodle. All that means is, instead of a regular 90-pound doodle, she's a smaller version of only about 25 pounds.

Melbourne is the light of my life and my literal child. I take her everywhere I am allowed to, and some I'm not (the people in the mall gave me some weird looks lol.) I can be having the worst day ever and then I see her bounce over to me and attack me with kisses and love then my day is completely turned around.

French fries from McDonald's is her favorite snack, and the ice cream I get for her after the dog park is probably her second favorite snack. The goofy things and silly personality traits that she has made me love her, even more, every time I see them. Constant cuddles and sassy attitude she gives me on a daily basis makes me smile.

Doodles are a special breed and are hard to explain, but they are the best dog that a girl can have. I am so very thankful for my goofy girl.