10 Reasons Why Dogs Are A Woman's Best Friend

They say "dogs are a man's best friend," but I beg to differ.
851

The saying goes that "Dogs are a man's best friend," but I disagree. They also say that "Diamonds are a girl's best friend," but I'd rather have 10 dogs over 10 diamonds any day.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that dogs are just as easily a woman's best friend, if not more. Women, by nature, are more nurturing and more compassionate; two qualities which are necessary for every dog owner. Since when did dogs become associated with masculinity? Dogs are loyal, fun-loving, energetic companions and all of those are traits which both men and women possess. Here are ten reasons why dogs are in fact a woman's best friend as well:

1. They are always there to greet you.

When you first walk through the door, your dog is the first to greet you. they jump on you and wag their tail as if you have just been away at sea for seven years. Even if you just went to the grocery store and back they will greet you as if they have missed you like crazy. No one else is going to greet you like that.

2. They don't judge you.

They will watch you eat that fourth slice of pizza. They will watch you pretend to be Mariah Carey when you're home alone. And they'll sit there as you click next on Netflix to round out an entire season in one day. All of this, they'll do without judgement.

3. They make for the perfect date.

No one to eat with? Your dog will join you. No one to watch TV with? Your dog will join you. No one to go to the park with? Your dog will join you.

4. They have the same taste in food as you.

By same taste in food I mean anything that falls off the table.

5. They will make you feel better when you're sad.

Dogs know when you're feeling sad and they are the perfect companion to cheer you up.

6. They're always down to have fun.

Your dog is always willing to play fetch, go to the park, or wrestle with you. Whatever it may be, they are always willing to have fun.

7. They are (sometimes) willing to cuddle.

Your dog will cuddle with you one minute and lay its head across your legs and the next it will run out of your embrace when you show affection. Either way, some cuddling is better than none at all, right?

8. They will defend you.

Your dog will bark at anyone or anything that seems like a threat. Some dogs are better watch dogs than others though, let's be honest.

9. They'll help you clean up.

Dropped some food on the floor? Your dog will help you. Need some help clearing your plate before you wash it? Your dog has got your back. Don't act like you've never done these things before.

10. They love you no matter what.

The best thing a dog is good for is loving you unconditionally. No matter what happens, your dog will always be there for you. Some people are not even as loyal as your dog. That's why a dog is easily a girl's best friend.