How To Know You're On The 'Right Path'

How To Know You're On The 'Right Path'

Because Following The Yellow Brick Road Is So Overrated...

15
How To Know You're On The 'Right Path'
Brianna Michelle Crane

Many of times, people tend to second guess if they are on the right path in their life, no matter how old they are. If one thing goes wrong, it tends to make people think that their world is crashing down and everything seems to be going wrong, which most of the time, is not the case.

Determining if you are on the 'right path' is a hard task because the 'right path' is a grey area and can be interpreted very differently amongst people. For some people, the right path can involve having a college education, whereas for some people it may just be graduating from high school. And the fact of the matter is, both of those can be the right path.

The 'right path' in life is difficult to come by, because most people do not see that they are on the right path at the current point in time that they are on it. For instance, someone's life can be full of love, laughter, success, and happiness, but they are actually miserable. They do not see how truly blessed they are, which indicates them taking advantage of the fact that they truly are on the right path. However, they are blinded by the unrealistic idea of things that society drills into their heads, causing them to become miserable and unsatisfied with their lives.

The truth is, if your life is filled with love, laughter, success, and happiness, how can you have any other view other than that you ARE on the right path? You have everything a person could emotionally and mentally need in life.

I never truly understood the meaning 'you are blessed' until I came to college. Yes, I knew what people meant by it when they told me, but I never actually understood why I was or why people told me I was. But once I moved away from my home and everyone I love, I realized that I have people that love me and are excited to see me when I come home, I have friends that make me laugh, I have my own vision of success because I am getting a college education, and I am actually genuinely happy because of a combination of all these things. How could I not be happy?

I know I know, it is easier said than done to be 'happy'. And the actual definition of 'happy' is something that people could argue about for days. But by me being happy, I know that I am on the right path in my life. And yes, I have days where life just really seems to suck, or my luck is just terrible, or absolutely nothing seems to be going my way, but I know that things will get better.

One of my very favorite quotes is "It's just a bad day, not a bad life". This just sticks out to me in so many different ways because it reminds me that yes, I am going to have bad days, but it will get better and that is what life is all about.

So if you are second guessing what you are doing in your life, or where you currently are, don't. Everything happens for a reason and you are exactly where you are supposed to be. If you seem to be at a 'good' point in life, then great! But if you seem to be at a 'bad' point in life, it is okay, because everybody has those times and it makes you stronger in ways that you can not see yet.

Just always remember, that you are valuable and whatever you seem to be going through will get better. There really is not a 'right path' to be on in life, and if somebody tells you that you are going down the 'wrong path', screw them. They probably do not know what they are talking about anyways and you do not need that kind of negativity in your life.

Nobody has life figured out, and if we did, just think of how boring this world would be because we would all end up being the same and 'follow the yellow brick road'...