Know The Difference Between Love And Lust

Take A Deep Look Into Your Relationships.

41
Huffington Post

We have grown up in a generation where love is a constant circle for both girls and boys. We are in a generation where we are afraid of commitment. We have the mindset that if we commit ourselves to someone, we fear losing that person or that we will end up alone. This tends to be a common scenario today: A guy and a girl meet at a party, they have fun together, the girl is unsure if this is something more or if he's just another slimeball. Then the girl starts to like the guy or just wants attention. This either goes on for months without anything happening or the girl wants something more while the guy is too scared to jump into commitment. A.k.a. he "doesn't want anything serious." This tends to be a common scenario that happens in today's generation. Due to social media especially we are all focused on who is posting with who and if it is "Facebook official." Relationships tend to be very confusing and misguided within today's society.

Here is a little food for thought. The next person you are together with or are "talking" to ask yourself this: are you in love or in lust?

You might ask yourself what lust is. Lust is a physical emotion. It is when you are only attracted to that person based on appearance or for sexual reasons. You aren't there for the whole package, you are only after one thing. You think you are "in love" because of this but that isn't the case. Being in lust means that you are more whole-heartedly focused on that person's looks and body, more than their personality, persona, interests, or how they treat you. You don't do any couple-like things and the only thing you daydream about is "the awesome sex" you are going to have with that person later. You only think about that person just for that special moment you are going to have later. You hate talking about your feelings with this person and tend to feel somewhat insecure around them. That is what lust is.

Love, on the other hand, is something so much more real and dynamic. It is the most magical thing that you will ever feel. When you first meet that person, you weren't expecting to meet, they change your whole life around in that instant. This love comes out of nowhere. You meet this person when you LEAST expect it. Give that person a chance and take the risk, and it is incredible how easily they become a huge part of your life. When you look into that person's eyes' you feel the deepest connection, in which you will ever feel. You can feel their soul touch yours, and it is a connection in which you never want to lose. You just know when it hits you.

You like the person with more than just a physical attraction. You like everything about them. Simply everything about them infatuates you. This can happen early on too, because when you see that in someone it happens fairly quick. Love is about spending with that person and is more than just having sex. There is a difference between loving someone, and being in love with someone. Being in love with someone; I will say, is the most difficult love but the most worthwhile thing that you will ever fight for in your entire life. It is the worth the pain, trust me. It is truly empowering to see how someone can impact your life so much, in so many positive ways without realizing it. Some people won't understand why this person means so much to you, and sometimes people do not understand the trueness of your love, except for you two. You call up this person and know they will be there in a heartbeat. They are the first one you want to tell all of your news to, no matter what. They do not judge you and want to help you instantly. Your heart becomes their heart as well. Love is about making each other better people and pushing them to do their best. You truly care about their interests and their problems and worries. They always say "love can be difficult" in the sense sometimes it can be uncertain, or makes you always ask questions. Love can be complicated but in the sense of both partners worth fighting for it. You'd drop everything in the world to help out this person.

So take a step back. With whomever, your current hookup or person you are together with, think about what you are. Are you in love or lust? There is a very big difference, and remember you cannot force anything. Lust is short term and love is long term. Don't be scared of the risk.