25 Questions I Have For The University Of Kentucky During COVID-19

I think I speak for everyone when I say, I miss my school and am in need answers.

15

For University of Kentucky students, we're beginning week two of online classes since COVID-19 has taken over. I miss my friends, I miss going to class, I even miss my 20 minutes trek going to campus. Going to White Hall right now seems like a luxury - I never thought I'd say that. I didn't realize that I was taking in-person classes so for granted. I would give anything to actually go to class today. Even in the rain.

I know I can't be the only one who has multiple questions regarding time, money, graduation, all the things.

1. When will I graduate?

2. Are there possible formats being discussed for graduation?

3. Has the university thought of a plan to reimburse students for not just classes but also dining?

4. Will any money be refunded?

5. If not, will there be a refund on classes that were already online since costs were raised this year? 

6. Are you regretting raising costs of online classes? 

7. Do you think we will resume classes in August? 

8. How are our professors? We miss them. 

9. Is UK doing anything to support the students who needed meal support? 

10. If so, then what is the plan? 

11. Will there still be online summer course? 

12. Since shutting campus down, are the classroom buildings being sanitized and deep cleaned?

13. Will University Health Services provide any services to students before the semester is over?

14. Is construction still going on?

15. For the incoming freshman, will there be a virtual orientation? 

16. How do you think the incoming freshman will adjust to campus without an orientation?

17. Will there be more sanitary precautions when campus is back up and running?

18. Has there been any new criteria that teachers have been given when instructing online?

19. Does UK think that students will succeed or fail with online courses during this time?

20. Has UK planned any helpful insights on how to succeed in an online course?

21. Has UK given the teachers information on how to help students on succeeding online classes?

22. If classes don't resume in the fall, will Zoom meetings be mandatory?

23. Will exams be monitored more strictly? If so, how?  

24. Will campus visits go on as normal after this is over? 

25. Will there be different sanitary precautions for sports and events?