Kendra Scott: A Powerhouse Company

Kendra Scott: A Powerhouse Company

"What matters to you, matters to us."

144
Kendra Scott: A Powerhouse Company

The company that operates out of Austin, Texas, has finally come to Ohio. Family, fashion and philanthropy are the three pillars this designer runs her company on, and boy, is it blooming. Kendra Scott is a prominent jewelry designer and CEO who has found her eminent spot in the fashion industry since 2005. With 39 retail locations throughout the U.S. as well as other retailers such as Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and various small boutiques and stores across the country selling her product, this company is nowhere near finished growing.

Before she started her infamous jewelry line, her first company, The Hatbox, which provided specialized headwear for men and women going through cancer treatments, was up and running. Although the company did not last, Kendra knew it wouldn’t stop her for going after success and would not be the last of her. She says, “There’s always an opportunity for growth. You have to be open to it.” In 2002, the Wisconsin native started her now multi-million dollar company with just $500 of handcrafted jewelry in a tea box and went door to door to local shops.

According to Forbes, Scott has five insights on what has helped her brand climb to success: 1) Stay true to your core values; 2) flexibility is key; 3) consistency across channels; 4) engage with your customer and 5) be authentic.

One thing Kendra really values is philanthropy. One way she incorporates this within her company is by hosting in-store events called KGBs (Kendra Gives Back). These allow an organization or charity to come into the store and host an event with colleagues, friends and family members. Kendra gives back 20 percent of the profits from that night to the organization. She also designed three KGB charms in her collection that benefit the Seton Breast Care Center, the MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital and the National Down Syndrome Congress. In the past year, Kendra Scott has donated $1 million and 50,000 pieces of jewelry while working with more than 1,000 local and national organizations. Kendra feels that “the truest form of success is to give back in a meaningful way.”

In each of her stores, you are always given the highest level of shopping experience. You can choose from any of her many collections, or even create a piece at the Color Bar. This is a part of the store that allows customers to customize jewelry that fits their needs and preferences, and go home with a customized piece!

Kendra Scott also loves keeping a voice out there on social media. She has an Instagram (kendrascott), a Facebook page and even a Snapchat account (kendra.scott) that gives customers the chance to follow her success and her brand on a daily basis.

As a current sales associate at the Kendra Scott store at the Liberty Township Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, I can say that I absolutely love working for this company. It’s a great feeling knowing I can show up for work and possibly get the opportunity to help give back to a local organization that day or to help a future bride design one of her wedding pieces in the store. I am not only surrounded by a fantastic group of professional women who share my values, but I also get to work for a company and designer who I personally have looked up to since she opened her first store in Texas when I was in high school.

Thank you, Kendra Scott, for showing women everywhere what it means to be a powerful and influential business woman who can truly make a difference in this world today.