You Can 100% Keep Your High School BFFs

You Can 100% Keep Your High School BFFs

It's not rocket science, people.

18
You Can 100% Keep Your High School BFFs
Lauren Paolini

On TV, it seems like a big deal whenever characters graduate from high school. I mean, it is - but not for the reasons it is portrayed in the media. It's a big deal because it is a great accomplishment that you start to work towards in kindergarten. But on TV, it seems like a complete send off to everyone you have ever met before graduation - but I assure you it isn't.

In reality, I am still and will always be best friends with my best friends. Sure, I'll make new ones along the way, but that doesn't mean I'll throw the old ones in the trash. When I buy a new pair of shoes, I don't get rid of all the old ones (my closet can back me up here), so why would I treat my friends any different? My friends and shoes are pretty much the same after all - both are supportive and beautiful. My two best friends have been my two best friends since elementary school. We've been to hell and back together so college isn't exactly as far as it seems. We all go to different schools and that has only strengthened our friendship. We compare things about our schools and of course have a blast when the three amigos visit each other or are all home for the weekend. The coffee dates will never stop.

I'm not saying it's been a breeze, we are teenage girls after all. However, the fact that we can pick up right where we left off after an argument just proves how strong our bond is. I can't go more than a few hours being mad at my girls because by then I'll have some gossip to share with them in the group message. By then end of the day, we just NEED to send that ugly Snapchat to each other, whether we are sitting next to each other or at school.

On the final season of Hannah Montana, it felt like Miley and Lily would never see each other again once they moved on from high school. Just like my friends and I, they ended up staying as close as ever, and were not as far apart as they expected. If life has taught me anything, it's that if it happens on Disney channel it is possible in real life, just without the sappy background music.

So maybe you won't keep in touch with every single person in your graduating class and that's okay. The people that matter are only a Facetime away. If you are truly someone's friend, the transition to college really won't have that much affect on your friendship, except you'll be more excited when you get to hang out together and go to breakfast. The weekend is upon us and I can't wait to see you guys and my French toast.

Oh, and let's not forget about winter break...