UK k week

5 Reasons K Week Is The Best Week At University Of Kentucky

K Week can be the best week of your college experience; all you have to do is participate.

152

In the months leading up to my freshman year of college, I was the most excited that I have ever been. I had such high expectations, and once I got to K Week, I knew those expectations would be met. K Week is the perfect combination of college orientation and fun. I got to know the campus, made tons of friends, rolled down a hill in a giant bubble, had plenty of dance parties, and made so many crazy memories. K Week is non-stop fun, lots of walking, and a boatload of free t-shirts. K Week 2019 is only a short time away, so start getting excited now.

1. It's the best time to meet new people

@uk_kweek

In my opinion, this is the best part of K Week. There are so many new people on campus, and they all are looking to meet new people. Some of the friends I made during K Week are my best friends, and the friends that didn't stick still gave me a super fun week. This is also the easiest time to make friends, so if you're from out of state or just don't know anyone coming to UK, don't worry! Just go to all the K Week events that you can't, and don't be afraid to talk to people. Everyone is in the same boat as you, and you're going to make lasting memories with your new friends throughout all of the K Week activities.

2. You get a good feel for the campus

@universityofky

Activities for K Week take place all over campus and walking to and from these events and your dorm really gets you acclimated to campus. Not only can you find the best routes to your classes and get to know UK physically, but you can also find out about recurring events on campus.

3. Free Stuff!

@uk_kweek

K Week is full of events with booths showcasing different clubs, teams, events on campus, and almost all of these booths have free stuff. I left K Week with more stickers, buttons, and cups than I could count. The best part of the free stuff, though, is the free t-shirts. Not only do booths hand these out, but most of the K Week events give out free tees themselves. I probably have fifteen t-shirts from this week alone, and they are all so comfortable. The lines can get long, so if you want a free shirt, make sure to get to the events a little early.

4. Free Food (which is even better than free stuff)

@universityofky

This is everyone's favorite part of K Week. Many of the events you will attend have free food, and it is GOOD food. For one of the events for last year's K Week, they served Cane's chicken fingers and we all waited in line for that. There are also booths with random snacks, free drinks, and free meal cards for the dining halls. It has become a motto at UK that if you pay for food during K Week, you're doing it wrong.

5. There are endless new opportunities

@uk_kweek

K Week is full of clubs and teams that you can join. Some of them are sports, college equivalents of your favorite high school clubs, and things you've never even heard of. K Week is all about getting out of your comfort zone, and if you actually do that, you will have the time of your life. I found multiple clubs I wanted to join, tried out new things I never would have (like rock climbing), and made so many memories. K Week is full of opportunities, and all you have to do is take them.