The Journey To Happiness

The Journey To Happiness

Attacking life with a smile has never seemed so easy.

33
The Journey To Happiness
dariusforoux.com

The journey through life is a road of many twist and turns. To make the situation even more perplexing, each road is different for each individual. No two paths are going to be the same, and that is where people tend to let the important things slip. I am sure all of you who are currently reading this or skimming it, have had one, if not multiple, moments of pure enjoyment because of life itself. I think it is very important to take a step back and really remember how to enjoy the life you are given, because you only have one, so why not make the best you can?

I am not going to sit here and preach what path or direction you need to steer your life in. I am simply sitting here trying to help you remember simple ways to enjoy life.

1. Be Empathetic

"Showing empathy or ready comprehension of other's states." I think this idea and concept is crucial to enjoying life. I am a big believer in the idea of helping others feel better will also make you feel better. There is so much hate in this world and so many people feel as though they are alone. By being empathetic you can make individuals feel as though they can confide in you and if that does not bring you joy I do not know what will.

2. Slow Down

Too many people rush through life without really taking the proper time to appreciate each experience life has to offer them. Speeding through life almost ensures the fact you will miss out on so much. By taking time and slowing your pace you can really begin to admire each positive thing that has stumbled into your life. So, take the time to stop and smell the roses. Watch the sunsets and admire the sunrises. Count your days and tackle life at a pace that allows you to experience the journey to its full capacity.

3. Be Ambitious

Set goals. Every goal that is set should strive to make you happy. I think that no goal is silly. If a goal or desire makes you happy and brings you joy, it is important and it matters. By setting goals you are motivating yourself to strive for success and making sure you can reach those goals. Many people can find arguments as to why ambition is a negative trait. Some might say ambition is selfish and a form of greed. I disagree. I think it is important to set goals for yourself to reach so you can strive to be the best version of you that you can be. Remember, you are your first priority.

4. Surround Yourself With Positive People

Toxic people exist, it's that simple. There are bad people in this world and some of those people will hurt you. The idea of keeping those toxic people around will only bring trouble to yourself and your joy. Making sure you are surrounded by people who are radiant of positive vibes will almost always make you beam with joy. Find the people who make you a better you and are full of optimism.

5. Enjoy The Little Things

I am sure you hear this one often. This concept is very important and can do a lot of people a lot of good. Take on a new perspective and notice the little things that make you happy. Little things such as blankets, the way the air smells after it rains, crawling into bed, the smell of a book your reading, and even the memories from the past can bring a person great joy. By enjoying the little things, you learn to appreciate the objects or people who have made your life a great experience.