There is nothing scarier and out of our comfort zone than sitting down at a job interview. Its incredibly intimidating and comes with an enormous amount of pressure. What if they don't like me? What if I don't know how to answer the questions? What if I stumble on a question and sound dumb? There are so many reasons to be scared during this crucial time in our lives.

Here are 10 tips to make your job interview experience a little easier.

1. Always, always research the company beforehand

There is nothing more important then fully understanding who the company is and how they work.

2. Practice interview questions with a friend

This helps tremendously. Practicing questions will help you anticipate what to say.

3. Write down questions for the interviewee

Always have questions prepared and written down for the interview. This shows you are prepared and serious about the position.

4. Always look professional

Even if the company says business casual always put on business formal clothing!

5. Make your selling points clear

Don't wait for them to ask you, take control and explain why you are the best candidate for the position.

6. Make sure you have your resume and a cover letter ready

Even if they don't ask for it, its better to be prepared.

7. Show your personality

Show some of the real you and don't try to be somebody you're not!

8. Be truthful

Never lie, it will lead you in the wrong direction.

9. End on a good note

Always thank the employer for their time, smile and make sure they know you really want the job.

10. Send a thank you note

This is the icing on the cake, it shows you are respectful and really would love the opportunity.

Interviews are time-consuming and very intimidating. The rest of our lives depends on getting a job, but if you follow these tips you will have nothing but success.