#JMU20, You Made The Best Decision Of Your Life

Just know the Memories will be Unforgettable.

28

Whether you clicked "Accept" months ago or just recently decided on your college decision I can assure you one thing, by choosing JMU you just made the best decision of your life.

James Madison University isn't just going to give you an stellar education. It's going to give experience that you can't find anywhere else. You may not realize this now, but the longer you attend this school you will notice that you are not a Duke for just four years, you are a Duke for your whole life.

Even now for instance, you're already a part of the community. The buzz for the newest freshman began, as it always does, when the first round of acceptance letters came out. Current students tweeted #JMU20 in the hopes to inspire potential students to choose the university that they themselves are so proud to attend. As a volunteer at Choices in the past I can speak for JMU students when I say, we love when others love our school because we know what it's given us. We are confident that it will bring you the same thing in return.

You're about to be embraced by a slew of traditions and memories that will be engraved in your life forever. After experiencing a season of football games you won't be able to help but think of throwing after an exciting JMU touchdown. JMU even puts a unique twist on its graduation ceremony with this tradition. Instead of throwing your cap up in the air, students throw purple and gold streamers to signify this great accomplishment. You'll also notice that we hold doors for people. You'll even be surprised to find that when you're what still seems like a mile away from the door, some kind stranger will stand there holding it waiting for you to catch up. No tradition is complete without some sort of involvement of food. Cheesy Thursdays will more than likely become a regular part of your weekly schedule. Everyone has their favorite spot to indulge in this delicacy, but rarely is a Thursday on campus complete without a grilled cheese and bowl of tomato soup.

Traditions don't stop there. Other JMU specific memories you are subject to love are: FROG Week, Purple Out, Homecoming, Late Night Breakfasts, Convo Concerts, the list goes on.

What is most important to mention about the JMU community is it's people. JMU students, faculty, and staff are some of the kindest people you will meet. They will become friendly faces you see in dining halls and you'll find your best friends here.

Congratulations on making the best decision of your life! You're in for an unforgettable four years. See you in August!