J'Austin White Mock Draft 2.0

J'Austin White Mock Draft 2.0

Barkley drafted 1st overall and TRADE ALERT!!

751
J'Austin White Mock Draft 2.0
Instagram/ @nfl

Considering that the Draft is only a week away, there a lot of people eager to see what will happen. There have definitely been a lot of growing rumors therefore as we all eagerly await the draft, here's my most recent analysis of the coming events:

1. Cleveland Browns

They Select: RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State

Previous Selection: Sam Darnold, USC

Cleveland needs a guy that can do it all. I have Barkley going at number one here because Cleveland will have to draft him at number one to snatch him up. If not another team will most likely jump on him before pick 4.

2. New York Giants

They Select: QB Sam Darnold, USC

Previous Selection: Bradley Chubb DE, NC State

The Giants have expressed interest in Sam Darnold. If the Browns aren't going to draft him at 1, then I think it's highly likely that the Giants will either take him or even consider trading back. That is unless they don't want to settle on filling the hole at DE. I think Darnold would definitely be a great replacement for aging Eli Manning who is most likely done after this season.

3. New York Jets (from Indianapolis)

They Select: QB Josh Rosen, UCLA

previous Selection: Josh Allen QB, Wyoming

The Jets have recently shown a lot of interest in Josh Rosen and the Jets could possibly found the quarterback of their future here.

4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston)

They Select: QB Josh Allen, Wyoming

Previous Selection: Saquan Barkley RB, Penn State

After selecting a QB with their first pick, it's very likely the Browns will go for a QB here, and Allen has a lot of talent with incredible arm strength. I would say the Browns are most likely to draft either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen. They have shown more interest in the two than any other QB prospect, and after an impressive Pro Day, I think the Browns are leaning towards Allen.

5. Buffalo Bills (via projected trade with Denver)

They Select: QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Previous Selection: Josh Rosen QB, UCLA

In this mock draft, I'm projecting Buffalo to trade up and grab their guy before someone else can. Baker Mayfield clearly has a high ceiling considering he is the reigning Heisman Trophy winner.

6. Indianapolis Colts ( From New York Jets)

They Select: EDGE Bradley Chubb, NC State

Previous selection: Tremaine Edmunds LB, Virginia Tech

The Colts get the guy they wanted all along originally projected the number two pick. Many have also said that the Colts would draft him at pick 3 before they traded back to pick six. If he is still on the board at this pick, I think there is no doubt the Colts will draft him here. He would be an instant impact on a defense that can use help in the pass rushing game.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

They select: S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

Previous Selection: Same

I am sticking with the same pick here. Minkah as an unreal amount of skill he proved that he can play any position in the secondary during his tenure with The University of Alabama. This is definitely the help Tampa needs in the secondary because theirs was one of the worst in the league against the pass. If he isn't drafted early I think Tampa will be eager to get there hands on this kid.

8. Chicago Bears

They Select: OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame

Previous Selection: Same

I think it's hard for the bears to turn there heads against the hole they have at guard, and to help protect your young QB it's a hole that needs to be filled. Nelson is by far the most polished Offensive Lineman in the draft, and it would help improve Chicago's O-Line immediately.

9. San Francisco 49ers

They Select: S Derwin James, Florida State

Previous selection: Same

There is a very large amount of talent here, therefore, it's hard to say the that 49ers wouldn't want him in their secondary. Although I could see the 49ers looking towards an LB here, amidst all the legal trouble that Reuben Foster is currently in, they would have to replace him. If he is found guilty, he could face up to ten years in prison. Derwin James has talent. He proved himself well in college when healthy.

10. Oakland Raiders

They Select: LB Roquan Smith, Georgia

Previous Selection: Same

Roquan Smith is very explosive and has been looking like an NFL starter since the beginning of last year. I think it will be hard for Gruden and the Raiders to pass up on him here. Gruden has been known for his talent on defense, therefore, I think they will definitely look to draft defensively here.

11. Miami Dolphins

They Select: LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech

Previous selection: Vita Vea DT, Washington

If Tremaine Edmunds is still available here, then it looks as if the Dolphins would draft him, for sure. Although a good argument could still be made for them to draft Vita Vea, the Dolphins will be interesting to watch as there is much speculation they will look to draft a QB. It makes you wonder if they will try to trade up.

12. Denver Broncos (via projected trade with Bills)

They Select: Mason Rudolph QB, Oklahoma State

Previous Selection: Baker Mayfield QB, Oklahoma

This is a Projected trade with the bills, but the Broncos could go ahead and get a good QB here. Mason Rudolph is 6'5 and has a great arm. With the overload of drafting quarterbacks. This is not too bad of a spot for the Broncos to go ahead and get someone for the future especially since Case Keenum is 29 years old.

13. Washington Redskins

They Select: DL Vita Vea, Washington

Previous Selection: Denzel Ward DB, Ohio State

If Vita Vea is to fall this fall, I do not think the Redskins would sign away from selecting him he is a beast and will help the young interior that the Redskins have been putting together over the last few years.

14. Green Bay Packers

They Select: CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State

previous Selection: Marcus Davenport DE, UTSA

Ward is another player who could be a top ten pick, but because of the overload of talent at QB, this year, has made him drop to pick 14. It would be hard for the Green Bay Packers to pass up on such talent who could really help improve the secondary that has been rather inconsistent.

15. Arizona Cardinals

They Select: WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama

Previous Selection: Lamar Jackson

There are a couple different ways they can go here. It's hard to not draft a WR as good as Ridley can be here as a playmaker. I think he will continue to have a bunch of RAC yards in the NFL. With Larry Fitzgerald approaching his final years, Calvin Ridley can help immediately make those final years good ones.

16. Baltimore Ravens

They Select: TE Hayden Hurst, South Carolina

Previous Selection: Calvin Ridley WR, Alabama

The Baltimore Ravens have struggled to find stability at the tight end position. Although Hurst is an older prospect, he has shown he can be both effective in the running and pass game. He is definitely someone the Ravens can use, Joe Flacco needs more weapons around him.

17. Los Angeles Chargers

They Select: OT Orlando Brown, Oklahoma

Previous Selection: Same

I am sticking with what I said in my last mock draft here. The Chargers are in need of help to protect veteran QB, Philip Rivers, and I think Orlando Brown or Connor Williams would be the best fit here. The chargers already spent a lot of money on this offensive line this off-season with the addition of Mike Pouncey, and the addition of another offensive lineman could help Philip Rivers go after that long-awaited super bowl. I think the chargers could look into a defensive player here too. They have been big on defensive players in the last few drafts.

18. Seattle Seahawks

They Select: EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA

Previous Selection: Josh Jackson DB, Iowa

Depending on who's still available at pick 18, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Seahawks trade up or down in the draft. Either way, it has become rather clear that they will primarily target defensive players. I think Marcus Davenport would be a great addition if still available. His size and speed provide a lot of prospects.

19. Dallas Cowboys

They select: WR Cortland Sutton, SMU

Previous Selection: CB Mike Hughes, UCF

With the Departure of Dez Bryant, there has been a lot of speculation that the Cowboys will look to draft a WR here. In my opinion, I think Sutton would be a great pick and who better than a instate player? I also think the Cowboys could look into drafting a TE or DB here.

20.Detroit Lions

The Select: OL James Daniels, Iowa

Previous pick: Same

Although the Detroit Lions just brought in a defensive Coach, I think they will use this pick to improve their offensive line. They could look many ways including RB and TE, but this seems like an almost perfect pick for Detroit who can definitely use a center. James Daniels seems to be the one unless he is picked earlier. He has shown that he can play center or guard and has a pretty good knowledge of what to do in different schemes. He is someone that should be solid in the run and pass game.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (from Buffalo)

The Select: OG Will Hernadez, UTEP

Previous Selection: OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia

The Bengals get a tough offensive lineman who can dominate the trenches. He has a lot of potential and would be perfect in helping in establishing second-year RB Joe Mixon's game. The Bengal's are most likely to draft offensive line here, but I think they could look into drafting a linebacker with the constant suspensions of Vontez Burfict.

22. Denver Broncos (via projected trade with Buffalo)

They Select: RB Derrius Guice, LSU

previous Selection: Rashaan Evans

The Broncos are more likely to draft a defensive player here unless they wait to draft a QB. I think one of the best options is for them to finally get a consistent RB, and someone they can depend on instead of different RB's at the position. Again this is a projected trade and could still be the Buffalo Bills pick.

23. New England Patriots (from LA Rams)

They Select: QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville

Previous Selection: Harold Landry DE, Boston College

The Patriots decide to go ahead and draft their QB of the future he has received praise from several members of the Patriots organization and even the Current Hall of Fame QB and Reigning MVP Tom Brady. Brady isn't getting any younger even though he tends to play like that. At some point the Patriots will have to find a replacement, and why not Jackson the Heisman Trophy winner from two seasons ago? He has a lot of skill and the Patriots are very good at making schemes that fit the QB.

24. Carolina Panthers

They select: DB Mike Hughes, UCF

Previous Selection: Billy Price OG, Ohio State

The Carolina Panthers Could Easily go offensive line here, but with a major need at cornerback, it will be impossible not to pick Mike Hughes if still available. The Panthers only have one starting cornerback on the team currently, therefore, this a big hole that needs to be filled, and Hughes should have no problem with the transition and could even be the best Cornerback they've had on the team since Josh Norman left.

25.Tennessee Titans

They Select: EDGE Harold Landry, Boston College

Previous Selection: Leighton Vander Esch LB, Boise State

The Titans can use a young explosive rusher and who better than Harold Landry? He is one of the best pass rushers in the draft and with an aging Brian Orakapo and Derrick Morgan, Landry could be the guy for the Titans. Although I do think it is quite possible they could go for an outside linebacker here. It makes sense either way.

26. Atlanta Falcons

They Select: DL Da'Ron Payne, Alabama

Previous Selection: Same

As I said in my last mock draft the Atlanta Falcons Defensive lines production went down even with the signing of Dontari Poe last season. Now he is gone and there is a major need at DT for The Falcons. Da'Ron Payne has both size and quickness with the mechanics of a starter. I think Payne is someone who can play both the outside and the inside. He's almost like a brick wall. Good luck stopping him.

27. New Orleans Saints

They Select: TE Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State

Previous Selection: Same

The reason I went with the same pick here is that Drew Brees would finally get a Tight End that is almost as solid as Jimmy Graham was before leaving New Orleans. This would help Brees and the Saints, especially with the talent the Saints have. Between Kamara and Thomas, this would definitely help the offense that already has a solid run game solidify its passing game. Goedert is 6'5 and 260 pounds his size and athleticism equal a nightmare for defenses, so why wouldn't the saints draft him?

28. Pittsburgh Steelers

They Select: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama

Previous selection: Malik Jefferson, Texas]

The Steelers look to have a real need at the linebacker position with the loss of Ryan Shazier. Rashaan Evans is one of the best in the draft he would be perfect if he is to fall to pick 28. The Steelers could also look to draft a Safety or even a running back at this pick with the uncertainty of Lev'on Bells Future with the team.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars

They select: WR Deion Cain, Clemson

Previous Selection: OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

A lot of experts believe the Jaguars will aim to draft a WR. With this pick I think Deion Cain is the best fit in the scenario. Although not mentioned as much lately, Cain was once considered a top-15 pick, but due to health concerns, a lot of people took him down to the 2nd round. I think he would be a great snag at pick 29. His size and speed make for a great combination.

30. Minnesota Vikings

They Select: OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia
Previous selection: Will Hernadez OG, UTEP

Recent reports have the Bengals showing a lot of interest in Will Hernadez. I think they will basically switch their selections, and the Vikings will fill the hole at guard by taking Isaiah Wynn, who should be effective in protecting their new QB Kirk Cousins.

31. New England Patriots

They Select: OT Kolton Miller, UCLA
Previous Selection: same

Again after letting Nate Solder getaway, there is definitely a dire need for someone to protect Tom Brady's Blindside. Who better than Kolton Miller who is almost 6'9 and helped protect one of the best Quarterbacks in this draft for the last three years? Miller has been pretty consistent and is a great pass protector. I think he is by far the best choice for the 5 time super bowl champion team. He has always been known to have a good offensive line.

32. Philadelphia Eagles

They Select: LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State

Previous Selection: Connor Willams OT, Texas

The Eagles need to find some more consistent at the linebacker position. If Leighton Vander Esch is still available at pick 32, he may be the guy to get the job done. Although I do think the Eagles could still go offensive line here or even TE, I think Vander Esch will be the best option.