It's Time To Thank Your First Roommate

It's Time To Thank Your First Roommate

Luckily, I won the lottery of roommates.

295
It's Time To Thank Your First Roommate
NBC Bay Area

My first year of college is quickly coming to an end. Finals season is upon us, and we all are scrambling to get our GPA’s as high as we can.

Past all the craziness, my first year of college has been a great one.

This past year, I made a ton of great friends, met a lot of new people, and even got myself a boyfriend (Hi Peter, LOL).

One of the first people that I got to know this year however, was my roommate, Carmen.

Being randomly assigned to a roommate made me nervous at the beginning of the year. I had no idea what to expect. I’ve heard a lot of roommate horror stories, and I prayed that something like that wouldn’t happen to me.

Carmen and I have never had any disagreements, and we have been really cool with each other since day one.

Her and I communicate when we need something to for the dorm, or ask each other when we go out to eat if the other want anything. This may just be pure kindness, but it means more to me than she probably knows.

I know that she will be reading this article, and I want her to know that I really appreciate her. Next year, we won’t be living with each other, as she will be living off campus, while I will be living on campus still.

I want her to know that the door to our friendship is still open even after we move out. She is such a great, fun person, and I personally believe she deserves the world.

Thank you Carmen for being the best roomie I could ask for. I really do appreciate you!