We Need To Social Distance So We Can Stop Social Distancing

The Quicker We Social Distance, The Quicker We Won't Have To

A short discussion on how our lives have changed and adapted to the unexpected turn of events led by COVID-19.

1021

As the school year begins, lots of interesting changes have had to occur due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These alterations vary anywhere between transitioning sorority rush week from in-person running around campus, to back-to-back Zoom meetings, to almost all classes being taught virtually.

This step in the right direction of maintaining social distancing for as long as the virus is still highly active is both good and bad for students everywhere. My personal opinion on the actions that should be taken in order to most effectively minimize the numbers of positive cases in the United States is to socially distance, but also go back to the beginning, "paranoid," stage where stores, restaurants, beaches, and more were all closed down. It is after a period of that period of living in a truly distanced lifestyle that the cases would become fewer.

The impatience and desire to be social is not uncalled for, nor surprising. In fact, it is part of human nature to be social with others. Without it, many people are unsure of how to handle the loneliness, and their mental health can become greatly affected. Ultimately, citizens feel they're stuck between a rock and a hard place — respect social distancing guidelines or see some friends and hope for the best.

Hopefully, with the help of the opening of schools this season being virtual, the number of cases will minimize, and soon life will be somewhat normal again.