It's Okay To Be Selfish

It's Okay To Be Selfish

You are worthy.

9
It's Okay To Be Selfish
Seeds of The Heart

When I say it’s okay to be selfish, I mean its okay to focus on you. Self-love is so important and you can’t expect others to put in the time to make yourself happy. This all comes from strength within.

You should allow yourself to have fun. Let your hair down and do a few things you normally wouldn’t do. Or just let yourself enjoy the little things.

Don’t let others control, influence, or persuade you. You are your own person. Stick up for YOU. Don’t back down from others. Empower yourself. In some situations, saying no has never felt so good! It’s like there’s that voice that has been hiding.

When your body is asking you for things, give in. Get more than 8 hours of sleep, eat the junk food you’re craving, and 4 shots of tequila, no biggie.

It’s okay to prioritize. You can only help people through their problems so much. You can listen to them, offer advice, but let them hear what’s going on with you too. Let them be the listener and the Dalai Lama for a moment.

This one is important. You don’t owe your exes anything! So when your ex drunk calls or texts you after breaking your heart, you better not answer your phone. Bad habits are a vicious cycle.

When you’re sick you have every right to kick your feet up and do absolutely nothing but rest and become healed.

Everyone needs their space. Seclude yourself for a while and unplug from the outside world.

Personally I’ve been able to learn this early on in life. I’m a very independent person. I was taught that no one can invest more into myself than me. So as I’m in this chapter of my life, it’s okay to do what makes me happy. I believe it’s crucial in your younger years to be in control and allow yourself to be selfish. Especially being young and single, because you can still be carefree at times without affecting too many people from the decisions you make.

Of course, life is all about striking a balance. You can work hard and play hard. Just keep let the score stay as even as possible. Taking responsibility seriously is key. There will be times when “me” time gets left in the dust for a bit. Remember to schedule time to just decompress. Take a walk. Eat dinner in bed. Do a little binge watching. Anything that allows you to recharge. This will rebuild your energy to slay bigger dragons and climb higher mountains. Most of all, be good to yourself.