12 Good Things About Being Short

12 Good Things About Being Short

Short people have their perks....sometimes

3747
12 Good Things About Being Short
New York Daily News

All my life I wanted to be taller, maybe because it sounds a hell of a lot better to look down at people than look up. And I always thought being tall had more perks. Each year I would go to the amusement park and check my height--never tall enough to ride King da Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure or Fahrenheit at Hershey Park. But one day the time came when I was tall enough. I thought maybe my struggles of being short were over and done with. Until I went to a concert general admission and realized no matter where I was there was always someone taller in front of me, blocking my field of vision. But now, I have grown to see that there are some perks to being short. Let me know if you fellow short people can relate.

1. Blankets will always cover me

You know those nights where all you want to do is snuggle up in a blanket like a burrito? Tall people might find it more difficult to snuggle up, but I can snuggle up with just about any sized blanket. Whether it be a large one or small, I don't need to scrunch up too much. I can simply be as comfortable as I want, no feet peeking out from underneath.

2. It's easy to hide from enemies

There's always that awkward moment where you see someone you despise from across the room or walking past you on the way to or from class. And there are those days (actually every day) where you just don't want to wave or catch their eye and have to rudely look away. This is where being short comes in handy. Find a really tall person and walk behind them and boom- your worst enemy will not have seen you. You avoided any potential awkward moment. One of the many perks of being short. You can run and hide.

3. I can have people do things for me

Is the cookie jar too high on the shelf? Being short is the perfect excuse to be lazy. If there's something way up top you can always elect a tall friend to do the work for you. Or you can get some exercise by climbing up- an exercise that a tall person would otherwise miss out on.

4. Heels are never out of the question

Even with heels, I'm not extremely tall and it kind of works. Towering over other people always seemed like a foreign thing to me. I could wear 4-inch heels and be 5'7''- hey not too bad. And plus if you're with a guy, you can wear heels and not feel awkward for being taller!

5. Never too little legroom

Okay, kind of a lie here, there is never too much legroom. But because I'm not too tall I can shove stuff under the seat on a plane and not have to worry about my legs suffocating from the lack of space. It's nice to stretch my legs without worrying that my feet will reach the legroom of those in front of me.

6. We are masters at hide and seek

Short people are the best at hide-and-seek. We can hide under beds, in bins, behind sofas, We can shrink ourselves down to the point where we are practically invisible. A tall person couldn't hide in a box.

7. It's fun proving people wrong

If you're short you know the common misunderstanding that you aren't as fearless and intimidating. But being short lets people have the wrong idea about you so you are always proving people wrong. If someone doesn't think you're tough because you're short, prove them wrong and it feels great.

8. Can duck under just about anything

We're the best at limbo.

9. Can get through crowds faster

You don't have to feel bad about pushing through crowds because most of the time they won't know it was you. A tall person pushing through a crowd is so obvious, but a short person pushing through a crowd is sneaky. Being short allows you to be sneaky.

10. Never the one to piss someone off at the movies behind you

There are always those people in the movie theater who are blocking everyone's vision field. Whether it's cause they have giant hair, are wearing a hat or are just super tall. Being short avoids (almost) all these problems (minus the big hair). A short person can wear a hat and still not bother someone behind them too much. And being short makes it less likely that you'll piss off those behind you. You'll feel like a good person not having to worry about someone telling you to slump down throughout the movie because your head is too big and is blocking their vision.

11. Always the little spoon

It's always nice being the little spoon.

12. The kid's menu is never out of the question

If you're short you look younger. So if you go to a really fancy restaurant and there's nothing you can afford, you can always eat off the kid's menu. You can save money all because of your height- who would've guessed?