I Am The Farthest Thing From A 'Daddy's Girl,' But That's My Father's Loss

He doesn't know what he's missing out on...

705
Pixnio

I never will be a daddy’s girl.

One thing is for sure, I am definitely not a daddy’s girl.

I am the farthest thing away from that and I am okay with it. I have come to the conclusion I am not one of my brothers, so I am less important than they are. I am less important because I am a girl and I probably won't like hunting and fishing and all that.

Well, guess what, it’s his loss because I LOVE fishing.

My dad doesn’t realize that what he’s doing to me is tearing me apart, it kills me to sit here and not be involved. No, I am not saying I want to be involved in everything they do, but I would like to be invited sometimes! I want to feel a little important to him. I know that’s not going to happen, though.

He doesn’t even take the time to get to know me as a person or my interests which is his loss, not mine.

He hasn’t even taken the time to get to know the business I have created for myself for me to grow - which if you ask me is kind of pathetic. It would be nice if at least once he told me he was proud of me.

He has done some things that have made me feel like I am an inconvenience to him. He seems to always be annoyed when I’m around. I don’t know what I ever did to him but whatever I did, I’m sorry.

I'm sorry I am not one of the boys.

I’m sorry I didn’t really play sports like they did/do. Even when I did do sports you never even cared to come to a single game or anything.

You jump for any event my brothers have going on or an award ceremony or something, but whenever I had something going on, you didn’t even come... Not even to an art show and those meant so much to me. You never came to any of my school functions but were right there for my brothers.

I am very hopeful that sometime in the future you will open up and let me in.

I am 21 years old now and you have kept me on the outside for this long. I know it’s wishful thinking, but I hope maybe, just maybe, you will get to know me as a person.

One day, I want you to ask “Hey, Court, want to go fishing with me and the boys?” but I know that’s crazy to ask and wish for. Maybe you will realize I am here, too, it’s not all about them.