It's 2018 And It's My Year

It's 2018 And It's My Year

The motto that has changed my perspective and take on life.

233
It's 2018 And It's My Year
Alaina Jacques

It's 2018. Wow, so much has changed for me.

Since the start of this new year, I have taken on this motto:“It’s my year."

And what a difference it has made.

Not only does saying “it’s my year" give me the courage to do things I typically wouldn’t, but it's also brought so much good into my life. I really feel like 2018 is my year.

This motto reminds me of my strength, my bold personality, and that I deserve respect.

I have made so many little changes in my life, all of which have led me to happiness. If you know me, you know I have the tendency to let people walk all over me. I used to be “too nice." I used to let people take advantage of me. I got rid of all negativity in my life that was bringing me down and what a difference it made.

This year is different. I'm different. I am finally taking a stand and defending myself. I'm not mean; I'm just stern and confident. I speak up.

Not only is this a mentality that I am taking on, but it is one that my best friend is, too. She and I motivate each other with our shared motto and encourage one another if we ever lose sight of our goals.

Honestly, as serious as this is for us, we do make light of it. The number of inside jokes we have about our motto is endless. I am so happy I have a friend who is taking this motto on with me.

I could thank so many people for making 2018 a great year already, but I'll save that for another time.

I feel so blessed and I hope this year continues to get better and better.

I am excited to see where life takes me.