Isn't It Funny?

Isn't It Funny?

Don't miss out.

5
Isn't It Funny?

Isn't it funny how quickly time passes by? At this time last year, my entire life was different, and not in a pleasant way either. I had yet to be in college, I was in a shitty relationship, and I hated my job. I had no money and I felt no ambition.

Let's fast forward to today. It's shocking how much things have changed since then. The thing is, though, the only reason things have uplifted is because I took the initiatives to do so.

I'm enrolled in my third semester of college with a 3.7 grade point average.

I'm in a wonderful relationship with someone who respects me and accepts me for who I am.

I have a new car, a better job, and a new outlook on a previously dull life.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is perfect. I'm not trying to boast about my accomplishments. I understand how difficult some situations can be.

But hear me out.

All I see on Facebook and Twitter is a load of negativity. It radiates off of people's profiles for hundreds of people to see. The amount of influence we all have is massive, and yet; we are not putting any of it to good use.

"I hate this."

"My job sucks."

"I'm sick of being single."

We've all been there. It's the way life goes. I am no different. But why are we sitting back waiting for change, rather than going out and chasing it ourselves? Bitching and moaning about life won't do any good. We all need time to vent and self-loathe every once in awhile, but it shouldn't become a habit. It's easy to say "If you don't like something in your life, change it." but that's not always an option. Waking up every day with a bit of ambition and determination, however, is an option. Stepping in a puddle of self-pity every day and crying about it will only dig your hole deeper.

Get out there and make a difference. Find something you love. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone in your endeavors. Trust that it's not going to rain forever. Help everyone you can. Be nice, even to not-so-nice people. Be passionate, but most of all; be yourself.

Don't fall into a trap of being someone you're not. You're worth more than that. You're worth more than the media tells you. Don't live a life you won't be proud of. Nothing will come easy and you are not entitled to anything. Get out there.

You must work for your happiness just as you would work for money to pay the bills. Don't be ashamed of your past. Instead, be inspired by what your future could be. Don't let life's obstacles deter you from being your best self.

Seriously, don't miss out.

Take care of yourself,

Leah