Is Santa Clause Really Fair?

Is Santa Clause Really Fair?

Why does he pick and choose and how do we fix this?

13
Is Santa Clause Really Fair?

With children coming back from Holiday break they are telling stories to their friends about what they got for Christmas and what they did for the holidays. Little kids on the other hand like to exaggerate about what SANTA got for them. This article may seem a little late because it is now 2018 and the Christmas season is now officially over, this is something that I think about on occasion and throughout the year and something that I would like to express.

Picture this: You are 5 years old, Christmas morning, the tree is big, beautiful and sparkly! You look under the tree to the wrapped presents that are hiding happiness. Then you see it, that present from Santa, you asked for many things, and there is one present from the jolly old fella, that’s okay, it’s Christmas (there is also one present for mom and dad from Santa too!) You open it up and it is the board game that you wanted so badly (or something of the sort) you are happy and continue to open the rest of the presents from your family.

Now you are back to school from break, you bring that toy that you had gotten from Santa and you tell your friends what your family had gotten you as well, but the question always comes up, “What did Santa Clause bring you for Christmas?” Your answer, “Santa brought me this board game for Christmas,” you say this with a smile. Then a kid from across the room goes and says “Santa brought me an iPad, a PlayStation with games, etc.” Your little 5-year-old-self dies on the inside. How can Santa be so unfair? Why did he/she get everything on their list from Santa, but I didn’t?

How would that make you feel if the guy in the red suit brought you a simple toy but the other kids get expensive “complex” toys, and more than one as well. I was grateful enough to be the kid who had gotten everything on my list from Santa, but I would have friends that would only get one, and that is unjust.

This is my letter to parents.

The holiday season does not end at Christmas or the first day of the year, it ends when the kids go back to school and tell stories about break. Your little ones will be comparing gifts with each other, especially the ones from Santa clause (if they believe in the man in the red suit). It may be too late now, but please consider getting your child one present from Santa at a reasonable cost and get the more expensive things from YOU, my parents even had presents to us from our household pets. Christmas can be unfair and unjust to kids, it’s supposed to make kids happy in the season of giving, your children will not realize that you are Santa until much older and will not appreciate that until an older age. Now, while they are young, they do know what fairness is, and Santa spending $5 versus $300 on gifts is a huge difference and children see this, even when they are young.