Is 2017 Going To Be Better Than 2016?

Is 2017 Going To Be Better Than 2016?

You can't say new year, new me and not do anything.
1

At the beginning of 2016 a lot of people said that it was going to be the best year yet, but at the end of the year, a lot of people said that the only upside of 2016 was that they didn't die.

Trump was elected president, 59 people were killed in a shooting in Orlando, and there's a new case of Ebola in Africa.

I don't know if it was just me paying more attention to the news this year or it's actually true but there was a lot happening in 2016. There was bombings, shootings, wildfires, hurricanes, and a lot of people died this year including Harambe the gorilla from the Cincinnati Zoo.

Despite all the serious things that have happened in 2016, there was the not so serious stuff like Kim Kardashian exposing Taylor Swift and people trying to find out if Hiddleswift was actually a thing. Now that I think about it Taylor Swift was always on my newsfeed with new drama every day.

There was new music, movies, and new tv shows that were released in 2016 that made us laugh or made us cry.

Disney channel aired all 100 of their original movies and then aired the "Hannah Montana" series, Disney also has a new Disney princess that took us by a storm named "Moana."

NBC and FOX graced the theater geeks with "Grease: Live" and "Hairspray Live!" and other musicals that were just as great. Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote the screenplay and music for Hamilton and made everyone happy.

Let's not forget about the crazy words that came about in 2016. We used words like "lowkey" and "fam." And we changed the meaning of the words "savage," "lit," and "dead" and a lot of other words.

A lot of people excepted 2016 to be the year that made them a better person, but all they did was sit a home binge watching Netflix and whining about how they didn't want to go to school, myself included. And now that 2016 is over people are saying that 2017 will be better, but is it going to be better?

You can't wish for this year to be better than last year and sit at home watching tv all day.

For there to be a "new you" your going to have to work on yourself by yourself for yourself. You can't change yourself for another person. That's not how life works.

If you want 2017 to be as lit as you say it's going to be, you have to make your dreams become goals and make your goals become realities, nobody's going to make it happen for you.

A new year means a fresh start for the same dream you had last year. You have to change your own story.

2016 was the past and it taught you lessons, 2017 is the present and its testing those lessons that you learned in 2016.