Getting Involved With Campus Ministry Is The Best Thing I’ve Done Since Coming To College

This experience helped me realize what I truly value in a church setting and how having the right support group can mean all the difference.

39
pixabay

There are hundreds of different campus ministry groups across campuses all over the United States. I was lucky to find one perfect for me.

Joining campus ministry helped my grades.

Going to weekly services isn’t a chore, it is something I look forward to. Knowing that every week at the same time I get to be surrounded by God loving people who are all so excited to worship our Heavenly Father is the best motivation to get my homework done. I know that if I am not focused the first couple days of the week, I won’t be able to attend the service. I buckle down and make sure that there is nothing keeping me back from attending.

Joining campus ministry helped my confidence.

By attending the weekly services, I am able to hear messages that speak directly to the problems weighing heavy on my heart. Listening to the pastor speak helps me realize that I am not alone in my struggles and I do not have to deal with them on my own.

Joining campus ministry helped me get involved in a small group.

By getting connected in a big ministry group, I was then filtered into a small group. This group of 10-15 girls is the reason I get through the week. I treasure our time together. I treasure our contagious laughs, our praises and concerns of the week, and ultimate bond that we all are striving to know more about Jesus and we are all ready to see how he works within each of us.

Joining campus ministry filled my life with genuine people always ready to help.

Once you are involved with campus ministry, you come to find a second family. These people all have the same love and desire to have the Lord's heart and eyes for the world. They are ready to see you succeed in anything you put your mind to. They love you with an unconditional love that only Jesus can provide us with.

Joining campus ministry allowed me to find myself.

Coming to college is difficult. You have people telling you what classes to take, what major you should be studying, how often you should workout, what extracurricular activities you should be in, the list goes on and on. You feel as though your identity is based on what you are involved in, who your friends are, and your GPA. Being involved in campus ministry allowed me to realize that yes, those things do matter but they are not everything. For the first time in my life, my relationship with God was all in my control. I had the ability to find a church and a ministry I felt the most home at. This experience helped me realize what I truly value in a church setting and how having the right support group can mean all the difference.