Why You Should Invest In A Gym Membership

Even If You're A Broke College Student, Investing In A Gym Membership Is Worth The Money

It's an investment for your health.

79

When most people think about going to the gym, most would think that the gym is full of athletic pros. But the truth is that all gym goers all have different levels and skills when it comes to fitness. What I'm saying is its no issue as to who goes to the gym, and the athletic ability of the person should not make or break whether someone should workout or not. Working out and going to the gym is a wise investment, and will bring many more perks than you would actually think.

Going to the gym can be a form of self-care. College life is the perfect time to practice self-care. With exams, papers, jobs/internships, and trying to maintain a social life, we all have a ton of stress. With this stress, why not go to the gym to help relieve that stress? Whenever I go to the gym, I am stress-free, and it makes me think more clearly before I started working out. Even if you do not like working out, try yoga or light weights. Try to start off by doing small easier workouts so you can enjoy yourself, and start to develop a baseline for improvement.

Also, another reason why college students should go to the gym is that most of the gym fees are included in college tuition. I am referencing DePaul University students, here, the Ray Meyer Fitness Center is already part of the tuition fees, so why not get some of that money back? Go to the gym, and enjoy yourself! Let me tell you that graduate students do not have the same perks as undergraduate students, they have to pay for a membership. I mean, graduate students do get a discount, but they still have to pay. So what I am saying is enjoy those years as an undergraduate, because you would never realize what you have until it's gone.

In addition, one should go to the gym because it helps people save money. I know a gym membership costs money, but while you are on that membership, you can go to that gym as many times as you like and not get charged extra money. On the other hand, other activities such as museums, shopping, and going out to eat are other activities that increase more spending. Through obtaining a membership, you are able to cut down the costs of spending money through only paying a one-time or annual fee. So save up some money for that gym membership, get fit, and start to see some of your profits get back into your pocket.

All in all, the gym is a place where we can distress, and form new hobbies. It is a place to grow, and going to the gym makes us feel good. Again, nobody has to be an athletic machine to attend, and all levels of fitness are welcome. So grab a gym buddy, or spend some time with yourself, and workout.