7 Movie Inventions We All Wished Existed

Because who doesn't want time travel and easy meals?

823
textualtees.com

There are a lot of movies that have crazy inventions in them. Half of them are a little wacky, while the other half would be totally awesome to have on hand. Sometimes when I'm watching the movie I think of how cool it would be to be able to use these devices. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. DeLorean Time Machine

The time machine from "Back to the Future" is an invention I feel like everyone would love to have. I wouldn't want the time machine to go back and fix things because I'm a firm believer in learning from your mistakes, but I would love to go back and see the way people of different time periods lived. I know we can read about their lives in books, but it would be amazing to actually experience it.

Universal Pictures

2. Spy Kids Microwave

Although, my microwave works perfectly fine, the microwave in "Spy Kids" is high on list of movie inventions I absolutely need. Let's all be honest here, regardless of your age, when you first watched the movie you had to have been amazed by the cool packet-type microwave. She wanted a cheeseburger and fries and all she had to do was put this small rectangular packet in the microwave and poof!

Dimension Films

3. The Iron Man Suit

If you're really into superheroes like some of my friends, you might have a slight obsession with the Iron Man suit. I mean come on, there are so many aspects about that suit that could be useful. Running late to work, just blast off in your suit instead of driving.

4. Love Potion #9

Did you start singing the song when you read it because I did. I understand that this could be disastrous in many ways. I don't think there was ever a movie with a love potion that didn't end up harming someone in so some way. Although this would probably be a crazy invention if given to the public, you have to admit it would be super interesting to see who used it on who.

5. The Vanishing Cabinet

The Vanishing Cabinet from "Harry Potter" would be the perfect item to have in every household. If you ran out of milk, you could just send a note in the cabinet and your neighbor could send some through it. If you left your phone charger at your best friend's house, you wouldn't have to make the trip to get it back or buy a new one. OK, so maybe this invention would result in laziness, but it would be a fun thing to send stuff through.

Warner Bros.

6. Virtual Closet

The movie "Clueless" is definitely one of my favorite movies and one of the main reasons is because of the cast wardrobe. I always super jealous of Cher's virtual closet. All she had to was click the image of the clothes she wanted to wear for that day or event and it was there. This invention would really save me from looking through my closet for 30 minutes trying to find that one top from that one store.

7. Lightsaber

The lightsabers in "Star Wars" are also high on the list. The main reason I really want one is so I can cut watermelons and trim the trees in the yard in style. Plus, what a great weapon to protect yourself with.

Lucasfilm/Twentieth Century Fox

I could go on and on about some of the coolest inventions in some of my favorite movies. These are just a few that if they were real, you'd probably find them in my house.