INTJ: Insensitive, Neurological, Thinking, Judges

We are not antagonists.
616

Come your first Psychology, theology, science, and maybe even business class of college or high school - the infamous Myers-Briggs Personality Test will sooner or later find its way on your desk presenting you with a serious of questions, head-scratching moments, and sudden soul-searching quests. This questionnaire was specifically designed to categorize different people into 16 personality types. In a world preaching 'different' and sayings such as "out of the norm," one might combat against this system of personality classification. However, it is not meant to shackle any one into a predetermined personality - it is meant to better aid that person in understanding themselves, their vices and virtues, so that he or she may become a better person.

Each letter of the MBTI results stand for a characteristic: (E) for extraverted; (I) for introverted; (S) for sensing; (N) for intuition; (T) for thinking; (F) for feeling; (J) for judging; (P) for perspective. As previously stated, there are 16, four letter combinations to categorize people in, and if you are curious - you can simply find and take two or three exams from various sites online to see which one you accurately fit in.

However, if you already have prevailing knowledge about this and are reading this because a) you are an INTJ, or b) you are curious, then read on to see that INTJ's, the cold, rare personality types - are not as mean as they come out to be. Some famous INTJ's are actually Mark Zuckerburg, Karl Marx, Nikola Tesla, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jay-Z, and Sherlock Holmes.

Now, if you have any inkling of knowledge about the infamous INTJ's, then you know them to be cold, blunt, sarcastic, intelligent, quiet, and overall - the antagonist to the ENFJ protagonist. However, I would like to counter that. While we are not wholly social human beings, we are not the antagonist we can seem to be.

We are not consciously mean. We speak the truth, because we respect you and believe in nothing else but the truth. If you like the dress, don't let our comments hinder your decision on buying it; we merely say what we think, because we despise sugar-coated words, or long-winding sentences that can be surmised into three words.

It is a, "it's me, not you," kind of friendship with us. Our over-analytical minds have created walls too high for the average person to breach, and chances are - if you are looking for a close-knit friendship with us - it really may not happen. We treasure your efforts, but we have probably analyzed whether or not a deeper friendship with us is possible. So few exist that can tolerate us, and in the long-run - we are saving you the pain.

We are also not arrogant, or anti-social, we are just selective, and less socially-knowledgable than others. We prize mind over anything else, we dwell in our thoughts. Overtime our social skills will improve, yes, but know that we do not decline invitations or avoid gatherings on the basis that we think we are supremely above others. No, we only decline because we are soundly confident that our social inefficiencies are better left unpublicized and that forcing friendships and/or interactions is just an equation for disaster.

So we are not outright antagonists. We see you as equals and will treat you as we would want to be treated, and understand that not everyone can relate or deal with our brand of madness.