Instagram Dropshipping Is How I've Become A Money-Making Influencer At 16

The new way to start a business when you have the idea but no resources or money to spend.

173
Instagram / @_thebrownplug_

Millions of people worldwide are striving to start a business of some kind themselves. But what is the one factor holding them back? Money. Many of us struggle with setting aside the money needed to set up a business and keep a constant supply of products coming in and out. Turns out, there's one alternative to ever having to do that: dropshipping.

Now, what exactly is this strange term called dropshipping?

In a nutshell, it's where the seller never actually has the products in hand — rather, the seller acts as a middleman. Dropshippers take items they find online from retailers or manufacturers, mark up the price a bit and list it for sale. Once someone places an order through the seller's site, then the dropshipper orders the product from the original seller to deliver straight to the buyer's house and keeps the profit in between. This is a job that literally anyone can take advantage of if they play it smart.

I actually run a sneakers dropshipping business from my Instagram (@thebrownplug) and conduct most of my sales through social media!

SEE ALSO: Becoming An Instagram Reseller Showed Me Life Is About Making Use Of Your Opportunities

So, how can you start your own dropshipping business?

Simple, let's get started! First, you need to find a product which is sort of popular, and you know people will buy it. Fidget spinner are an example of a huge product to use (except there's too much competition now), so they are easy to sell. Once you find the product/s, you need to make a website to market the product and get yourself noticed on the radar. The most important step in your dropshipping business, is your actual job: marketing.

SEE ALSO: Interviewing Instagram Reseller Spencer Blake For A Sneak Peek Into The Life

Since you are not actually getting the products to the people directly, your only actual job is...

...to be heard and direct people to your traffic! Friends and family can definitely help, but we have resources at the tips of our fingers. Social media is one of the biggest resources you can use. While everyone else is scrolling for fun, you can take advantage of this by sharing or getting people to share. There are people termed as "influencers" because they have a huge following and many active followers who pay attention to the influencer's posts. By forming an advertisement deal with an influencer, you can easily get yourself noticed and have your sales booming in no time.

SEE ALSO: As The Victim Of A Scam, Here Are My 3 Tips On How To Avoid Being Conned

Dropshipping actually sounds easier than it is. There are implications like trouble finding a product, an influencer or how to produce an ad which brings people in. All these can be experimented with over time to create your own online business!