I've Been Inspiring Myself Lately

I've Been Inspiring Myself Lately

Don't forget to thank yourself for all that you've overcome

16
I've Been Inspiring Myself Lately
Leadership Builders

During this holiday season, I've had some time to reflect on where I am now and what it's taken to get me here. My personal growth can be attributed to the many role models and mentors in life, for sure. However, I want to take a moment to recognize that the changes I've made in my life are because I pushed myself to make them. I've been inspiring myself lately.

When I look at myself in the mirror, I see a person who is more mentally healthy than ever before. I see a person who recognizes and appreciates all parts of herself, even the flaws.

I flash back to the days when I would look at myself and see a person struggling, and loved myself through it all.

I'm proud of myself for not just hearing and listening to the advice I received, but taking it into action.

When I became unhappy with my size I didn't let it overcome with me and stop me from getting to the point I desired. When I became unsatisfied with the people I hung around, I made the conscious effort to make that change. When I looked and what I was doing and realized it didn't align with my goal and values I made an adjustment.

I did that.

When we overcome a hurdle, it's easy to thank everyone who helped us get there, understandably. However, I encourage you to look at yourself first for that thanks.

Taking the reins of your own life is easier said than done, and it's a step that you took to better yourself.

Never forget to inspire yourself; never forget to see where you are and where you came from and recognize that the willingness to push forward is from you.

As we enter the new year, I encourage you to look back on the trials and tribulations you have experienced. Recognize that you've made it to a new year, and celebrate all that you have accomplished.

If you're going through something currently, never underestimate your own strength.

Lean on others as needed, of course; but, never forget to inspire yourself every once in a while.