The Best Fall Out Boy Lyrics: 31 Epic Quotes

Discover The Best Fall Out Boy Lyrics: 31 Epic Quotes

Because sometime when life gets rough, you just gotta "Dance, Dance"

48192
The band Fall Out Boy, known for its epic lyrics, poses for a group picture

Fall Out Boy is such a timeless band- they are one of the rare bands whose music will never die out.

After all, they've been making music for over a decade now. Part of what makes FOB so great is that they have songs relatable for any kind of mood- no matter how you might feel one day or another, you're guaranteed to find a FOB song you can relate to because they'll be accurate for any occasion.

For example I love to listen to them when I'm working out because the upbeat intensity of their songs motivates me, but I also listen to them when I'm feeling down because their songs will make me feel better by either cheering me up or summing up my emotions perfectly. (Maybe the latter is because I never quite grew out of that teenage angst phase, but who knows.)

Fall Out Boy walks down an empty street

1. "You're a cherry blossom, you're about to bloom. You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon." -"Centuries", American Beauty/American Psycho (2015)

Starting out with this one because this is perhaps one of the sweetest song lyrics I've ever heard. It just sounds so pure and clever and I love it so much!

2. "I don't care what you think as long as it's about me, the best of us can find happiness in misery." -"I Don't Care", Folie A Deux (2008)

This is pretty accurate, because if you really love someone you guys can be happy together even if you're both miserable on your own.

3. "And I cast a spell over the west to make you think of me the same way I think about you." -"Bang the Doldrums", Infinity on High (2007)

4. "You are what you love, not who loves you." -"Save Rock and Roll", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

True that!

5. "I'm two quarters and a heart down, and I don't want to forget how your voice sounds." -"Dance Dance", From Under the Cork Tree (2005)

6. "I can move mountains, I can work a miracle... I'll keep you like an oath, may nothing but death do us part." -"Uma Thurman", American Beauty/American Psycho (2015)

7. "One night and one more time, thanks for the memories eve though they weren't so great. He tastes like you, only sweeter." -"Thnks for th Mmrs", Infinity on High (2007)

If you're looking for a way to throw shade at an ex who screwed you over, just quote this to them.

8. "And I saw God cry in the reflection of my enemies, and all the lovers with no time for me. And all of the mothers raise their babies to stay away from me." -"Golden", Infinity on High (2007)

9. "Come on, make it easy, say I never mattered." -"Young Volcanoes", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

Such a depressing lyric, even though it's a fairly happy song.

10. "And I want these words to make things right, but it's the wrongs that make the words come to life." -"Thnks for th Mmrs", Infinity on High (2007)

Jibberish words coming to life off a sheet of paper

Yes, I quoted this song twice, but it's one of their most timeless hits, so.

11. "I'm just a notch in a bedpost, but you're just a line in a song." -"Sugar We're Goin' Down", From Under the Cork Tree (2005)

Throwing it back to one of their very first hits for this one- FOB were lyrical geniuses even back then.

12. "But I'll take your heart served up two ways. I sing a bitter song. I'm the lonelier version of you, I just don't know where it went wrong." -"Rat-A-Tat", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

There's just something so brilliant about these lyrics.

13. "If you knew what the bluebirds sang at you, you would never sing along. Cast them out 'cause this is our culture. These new flocks are nothing but vultures." -"Novocaine", American Beauty/American Psycho (2015)

This song in general has a really bitter tone but it's also a comforting song to listen to if you're struggling with a friendship or relationship.

14. "I wrote the gospel on giving up, but the real bombshells have already sunk." -"This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race", Infinity on High (2007)

15. "Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger. The person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger." -"Miss Missing You", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

Effing powerful.

16. "You know time crawls on while you're waiting for the song to start, so dance alone to the beat of your heart." -"The Phoenix", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

This song sounds so pumped up, you just can't help but love these lyrics.

17. "You're just the girl all the boys want to dance with, and I'm just the boy who's had too many chances." -"A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More 'Touch Me'", From Under the Cork Tree (2005)

18. "Let's hear it for America's sweethearts, but I must confess I'm in love with my own sins." -"America's Suitehearts", Folie A Deux (2008)

19. "My heart is like a stallion, they love it more when it's broken." -"Alone Together", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

20. "Sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again and again." -"Immortals", American Beauty/American Psycho (2015)

Honestly hella true. Also, this song was in the Disney movie Big Hero 6, so that makes it even more awesome.

21. "In the meantime, I'll sport my brand new fashion of waking up with pants on at four in the afternoon." -"Grand Theft Autumn", Take This to Your Grave (2003)

How relatable is this though, especially for those of us in college? If you're in college and haven't woken up at 4 pm at least once, you're lying. (Although contrary to FOB's words, sometimes it's more like waking up without pants on if we're being honest.)

22. "Oh, I'm a loose bolt of a complete machine. What a match, I'm half doomed and you're semi-sweet." -"Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes", Folie A Deux (2008)

23. "And in the end, I'd do it all again. I think you're my best friend. Don't you know that the kids aren't alright?" -"The Kids Aren't Alright", American Beauty/American Psycho (2015)

24. "Are you ready for another bad poem? One more off-key anthem, let your teeth sink in. Remember me as I was, not as I am." -"Rat-A-Tat", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

A close-up of someone's teeth, based on a Fall Out Boy lyric

Another song double quoted. I just love this song and its lyrics so much, I can't help it.

25. "'Cause tonight it's just fire alarms and losing you. We love a lot so we only lose a little." -"Death Valley", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

26. "A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insights, or a fortune for your disaster. I'm just a painter and I'm drawing a blank." -"Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?", Infinity On High (2007)

27. "I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see that you're the antidote to everything except for me." -"My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

28. "I don't just want to be a footnote in someone else's happiness." -"Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On a Bad Bet", Folie A Deux (2008)

Again, very true.

29. "You are my favorite 'what if', you are my best 'I'll never know'."-"Fourth of July", American Beauty/American Psycho (2015)

Just...wow. This line, and this song in general, hits right in the feels.

30. "I cry tears you'll never see...so f*ck you, you can go cry me an ocean and leave me be." -"Save Rock and Roll", Save Rock and Roll (2013)

A young person cries by the ocean, based on a Fall Out Boy lyric

The reason this lyric is so great is because the rest of the song sounds slow and ballad-esque and then out of nowhere you hear them scream "f*ck you, you can go cry me an ocean!" and then return right back to the calm manner of the song.

31. "You were the song stuck in my head, every song that I've ever loved played again and again and you can get what you want but it's never enough, and I spin for you just like your favorite records used to...and I can't remember just how to forget the way that we danced." -"Favorite Record", American Beauty/American Psycho (2015)

I saved the best for last, because the lyrics in this song really hit me and resonate with me perhaps the most out of all of them...it also brings me to tears. Every time. Because I am an overemotional mess who cries over things as simple as song lyrics.

There are many reasons this band is so wonderful, their powerful lyrics being one of them. These guys truly have a way with words.

The band Fall Out Boy, lyrical geniuses, pose for a photo

Whether you're happy, angry, depressed, in love, or need motivation while cramming for an exam, there are Fall Out Boy lyrics for whatever life throws at you!