Need Some Inspiration? Look to St. Teresa of Calcutta

A simple reminder to love one another and smile every now and then.

29
The Catholic Weekly

Mother Teresa has always been quite an inspiration to me. From the reminder that a simple smile can really make a difference, to the idea that love is such an important part of our lives, her words tend to bring me peace when I need it the most. Here are 15 quotes from her that will bring you a little bit of inspiration:

1. "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."

2. "Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."

3. "Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."

4. "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

5. "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

6. "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

7. "It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters."

8. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."

9. "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

10. "One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody."

11. "Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."

12. "We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."

13. "We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do."

14. "Good works are links that form a chain of love."

15. "It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start."

Feel inspired yet? Great! Now go out and do a little bit of good for someone who needs it!