Spouse

In You, I Found Freedom

And I can't thank you enough.

466
Megan Aaron

For over 15 years we didn't know each other. We hadn't been through anything together. But we had been through everything o our own. All the hard, tough, struggles and battles we fight silently. Then we met. And you wanted to know more. You wanted me to let you in and I blocked you out.

But you were persistent and patient. So I slowly showed you trust and let you in, but just on simple surface level things. No way in heck was I letting you into the deepest parts of my heart. But you wanted to know more. You wanted to know me more. And like before, I hesitated and avoided it. But you were patient and gentle. So I let you in a little further. I shared hard things with you, but not the really really hard and deep things. I don't share those things with anyone. But as the months went on, you (of course) wanted to know me more. And you were gentle and understanding, so I did. I let you into the depths of my heart and broke down into tears and for the first time, you fully knew me and you asked for nothing more. You were understanding and loving. And you stayed.

For the first time, I felt pure freedom.

I felt pure freedom because you wanted my whole self. Every inch and crack. I didn't need to put on certain faces to be around you. I didn't need to cover and tuck away the ugly parts. You wanted it all and you were patient in receiving it all. I found freedom in your gentleness, your persistence, your consistency, and your love. It never faltered. It's never decreased since that one day we met, when you wanted to know more. Because you knew you wanted to love me. All of me. And to do so, you needed to know all of me so that you could love all of me.

So thank you, not for seeing me, but for wanting to know me. Fully. Because in you, I am free. And a girl couldn't ask anything more from her soon-to-be-husband. For if we're meant to emulate Christ's love as much as possible, then you're doing a pretty dang good job. Because I'm free in Him just as you've let me be free in you.