In Defense of The PSL

In Defense of The PSL

Give the people what they want! Long live PSL!

3
In Defense of The PSL

Can you see the leaves changing color? Can you feel the early morning chill? Can you hear the leaves crunching under your feet when you walk on the sidewalk? No? Well, of course not, it's only the beginning of September! However, that doesn't mean that you can't get excited about the autumnal season that is just in our midst.

I absolutely adore the summer, don't get me wrong. However, when school starts again and August comes to a close, I'm ready for a change of season. I had my fun, I enjoyed my summer. It is time for the fall now. So what if it seems a little too early? I listen to Christmas music in the middle of July & it suits me just fine. So, let me and other people live! If they want Pumpkin Spice, let them have it. GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! We will all be happier for it.

To the people that are against Premature Pumpkin Spice, what is it really doing in harm to you?

Currently, people are in an uproar about manufacturers and corporations releasing pumpkin spice products too early. Places like Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Starbucks, and more are releasing their products that are pumpkin-spice themed already. Drug stores and supermarkets have candy corn, pumpkin spice candies, and Halloween candy on sale already. I understand that it may be slightly premature, but what I don't understand is why people are so against it! What does the presence of candy corn in the candy aisle at Stop & Shop really do to you? If you don't like it, ignore it! Don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy any of the products they are selling. Are the cashiers at CVS holding you prisoner until you buy a pumpkin flavored granola bar? Are the baristas at Starbucks locking the doors until you purchase a PSL? Absolutely not!

It is probably easier to just ignore the PSL trend than to create such a protest about something so trivial.

To the people that are against Premature Pumpkin Spice, aren't you used to it by now?

People always get excited for holidays and seasons and events before they happen. That's the way it works. I know a million people that pick out their Halloween costumes on November 1. 364 days before the next Halloween. Every store always puts their decorations out months before the holiday. It is a form of marketing for the masses. It has been done for as long as commercial marketing for holidays has existed. People need something to look forward to, something to get them through their work-week, through their daily lives. For some, it's a glass of wine at the end of a long day. For others, it's thinking about designing the Christmas tree this year or the perfect Halloween costume or the planning the perfect party for New Year's Eve. I'm sure even those people who are against premature pumpkin spice have been a culprit of getting excited about a holiday before that time is appropriate. Sometimes, I miss the Christmas season when I'm on the beach! Sometimes, I miss curling up on my couch with a book and a blanket when it is 95°F out! It is a natural part of our lives that we all experience. There are certain things in our lives that we hold onto. They are our constants and they give us something to look forward to, each and every year. In this case, it is the changing of the seasons and the holidays that accompany them. Therefore, the marketing of these products before the seasons themselves let people know that it is coming and that we can all begin to get excited for the future.

To the people that are against Premature Pumpkin Spice, why are you trying to take away something if it makes people happy?

If pumpkin spice products make people happy, what's the problem? Is it really such a big deal to see candy corn on the shelves at CVS? Just walk by it. It's really that simple. As I stated before, no one is forcing you to be obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice craze. The release of pumpkin spice products does way more good than harm. How?

1. Pumpkin Spice products makes people happy.

2. Pumpkin Spice products gives people a means of looking forward to the future.

3. Pumpkin Spice products help the economy.

4. Pumpkin Spice products brings people together.

Pumpkin Spice products are a great thing, so who cares when they are released? If the people want pumpkin spice, let them have it! We live in a world that is full of negativity and hate, why are we starting a fight over pumpkin-flavored coffee?

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F09%2F02%2F6360842529223663741026591285_giphy.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=811&h=21aeb3e86f435242b331dfd651b1848d3705f58c442d65cc375a694d0f20caf0&size=980x&c=442565532 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F09%252F02%252F6360842529223663741026591285_giphy.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D811%26h%3D21aeb3e86f435242b331dfd651b1848d3705f58c442d65cc375a694d0f20caf0%26size%3D980x%26c%3D442565532%22%7D" expand=1]