The Importance Of Self Care

The Importance Of Self Care

"Take care of yourself first or you'll have nothing left to give to others"
83

If you are anything like me when making a daily ‘To-Do List’ self-care isn’t anywhere near the top. But it really should be, in the fast-paced nature of life, it is SO important to take a step back and put yourself first.

Here are a few simple things that will boost your mood by leaps and bounds:

Make and take time to be alone - there is nothing selfish about this.

Get enough sleep, take plenty of naps.

Drink water - I’m a firm believer that drinking water can solve most problems.

Call someone who stimulates your soul.

Eat your fruits and veggies.

Go for a run - you would be amazed how much more productive you feel after spending an hour on the treadmill watching Netflix.

Take a shower and jam out to your favorite tunes.

Treat yo ‘self - whether it be a latte from Starbucks or a new manicure. You deserve it!

Now, nothing here is a magic cure for the impending stress and anxiety we feel in our daily lives. Yet there is something assuring in knowing that studies show that increased self-care is one of the best things one can do for their health. The only way that you can care for others is if you care about yourself first. Taking an hour or even a few minutes to yourself every day is the least you can do to take care of your mind, body, and spirit.