Importance Of Developing Your Relationship With God During College

God wants to walk with you, but you have to make time for Him.

2
We know all about Dreams

Going to college brings about many changes very abruptly. Some of these changes are necessary, such as moving, new friends, and new types of classes, but some of these changes are because we do not make time for the activities we used to do. One thing that normally gets pushed aside is God; but it's the thing we should hang on to hardest.

Romans 8:14-16 says, "For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."

God wants a meaningful relationship with each one of us because He has adopted us into His family. He is a constant presence in our lives that continuously shows us grace and mercy. Personally, I have struggled with feeling loved for who I am, but I know that God loves me unconditionally. College can be a struggle to try and fit in with new surroundings and we can struggle with who we are. There are other struggles as well, but I find that God can help me overcome anything that I might need to face. God reaches out to us, but we need to remember to reach out to Him.

When we move to college it is easy to forget this, getting busy with school work and making new friends. It seems hard to keep your relationship with God once in college, but it is possible. Most campuses have at least one religious organization that meets once a week for worship and a message. These are great to be involved in because it's right on campus so you cannot make excuses that it's too hard to get to. These ministries also help you to develop a deeper relationship with God by discipleship, bible studies, and mission trips.

Maybe you do not think this is for you. That's okay! There are many other ways to maintain and build your relationship with God. Finding a new church is a difficult task, but very rewarding if you find a loving community. If you feel like you are too busy to go out to worship God, you can always do online sermons. Also reading your bible is a great way to stay connected with God and to learn more about Him. You do not have to commit to anything crazy. Reading about three chapters a day will get you through the whole bible in a year.

God wants to walk with you during your joys and during your struggles. Allow Him to continue to be a part of your life even in the busy time of college. It does not have to be a huge time commitment and will help you through college.