I'm Not Going Anywhere

I'm Not Going Anywhere

You mean too much to me.

721
I'm Not Going Anywhere
Kati Morton

I am a very loyal person. Once I develop an emotional attachment to someone, barely anything can drive us apart. No amount of fights, no hurtful comment, no amount of distance can make me want to leave.

This obviously has a loophole. If someone gives up on me, and doesn't wish for me to be in their life anymore, I will leave. I will walk out of their lives because that's what they want.

I've lost friends before, but it was never because I walked away. They gave up on me for some reason or another. Or... they were using me so they could gossip about my secrets--that I trusted them to keep.

It takes a lot for me to give up on someone. They could've broken my heart and I'll be right there when they need me. All of my friends know I am there for them 100%. They know I'm trustworthy. They know I'll always make time for them if they really need me. They know how much they mean to me and how much I love them. They know I appreciate them even if I don't always show it or say it.

Recently one of my friends expressed to me that they were nervous I was going to be disappointed in them and distance myself. Rarely am I disappointed in someone enough to let it effect my friendship. I understand people make mistakes and it's all part of growing up and learning.

For any of my friends who are reading this, please know I have your back. I am someone you can count on. I will always make sure you're okay no matter the circumstances. I'm not going anywhere. You're in my life because I want you in my life. You're not merely a pastime. I love you and I care about you.

I won't give up on you until you give up on me.

With this being said, I hope those who have given up on me realize that they're missing out on a true friend.

I hope they realize I would've been there for them through thick and thin. I hope they realize I would've continued fighting for our friendship if I felt that they were still fighting to keep me in their lives. I hope they realize genuine people like me do not come along often, and they shouldn't have taken advantage of that. I hope they look back and realize how good of a friend I was to them. I hope they realize I put my heart into our friendship just for them to walk away as if I was nothing. They distanced themselves until I couldn't even repair the damage. They made me feel worthless and unworthy of their friendship, but it's okay because I've made better friends now.

The world could use more genuine people, so...

Please do me a favor: Think about how you treat people, don't take a good friendship for granted and make sure your friends know how much you care and how you're not going anywhere.